ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

The Movie "Irreversible"...anyone here seen it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Nov 2003, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default The Movie "Irreversible"...anyone here seen it?

I picked a dvd copy of it for my cousin, (she has to do a large project based on a buch of psyoligical movies and this being one of them for her university course.) but there were none to be found in the city where she is (bumhole Winepeg) And she needed a copy right away, so i told her i'll pick one up and ship it to her..
Anyways just before I did that I thought I would take a peep at it, cause the Italin hottie Monica Bellucci was in it and she was HOT in Matrix Reloaded (loved that white dress she was wearing) And besides i though i hear d of this film when Ebert and Roper did a reviw on it several months back..

But SHIT!!! that flick was damn dusturbing!! Belluecci's character gets raped by some pimp in a underground alley, and the rape itself went on for nearly 10 min straight!!!Then afterwards the guy beats the shit out of Bellucci, even smashing her head in the pavment!! And the guy that plays belluncci's BF once he find out with happens to his GF, goes on a rampage and goes after the guy that raped her, finds him in a nastsy looking S&M club (Called the Rectum) a fight insures, but he gets his arm broken...BADLY, but his best friend that caught up with him (thats has an affair with Bellucci's character eariler in the movie) saves him for the rapist by pounding the shit out of him with a fire extingusher for nearly 7 minutes till his face caved in and was flat....for a french film, it was volient as HELL!! and its NOT for the quenish...hell I had a really hard time watching it....I gotta wonder how my cousin will react to it?

I was just wondering if anyone heard or have seen it?
Old 03 Nov 2003, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Yeah I got a copy of this when it was doing its rounds at Cannes last year. Didn't like it because of 1.The theory of the film ripped off the 'Memento' approach to practical narrative and it simply didn't work because after that rape sequence no one is going to buy a happy ending to the film. 2.Technically the film is a disaster, the only well crafted piece was our pimp getting his head caved in with the fire extinguisher and that was disgusting to boot.3. The narrative is incredibly lame, so many scenes stick out as just totally unnecessary, they linger on issues too much instead of driving the story forward.4.Noe thinks he's being provocative when he's just making an exploitation film for the sake of...sheer exploitation. It'll get a reaction out of you but I doubt it'll be "this is a brutal masterpiece" .

I give it 2/10 lol
Old 03 Nov 2003, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Hmmm good points man..

I hear the prveious film "I Stand Alone" is much more graphic than this one...that true?