ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

The Alamo and the Oscars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Oct 2003, 02:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default The Alamo and the Oscars

The remake of a classic...
Based on one of the biggest failures in US history was originally supposed to come this winter season...just in time for Christmas...has been pushed off til April 2004.

This movie takes The Alamo out of contention for the Academy Awards..it will be eligible next year.

I personally think the Academy Awards were the reason for the move. This year the best picture category is going to be tough to win. You have many movies who will be up for it, the biggest threat of course being the inevitable Lord of The Rings The Return of The King...dec 17...

Its true no fantasy film has ever recieved the best picture award. However LOTR is no mere fantasy film, this is the final part of an epic Trilogy, The world has responded exceptionally well to this series, all the best picture nominees will not only be competing with ROTK, but with the entire series which has been over looked thus far.

tough competition, Touchstone most likely moved the picture so that they had a shot at a decent release and an academy award next yr.

Anyways...Is their anyone who has ANY interest in this one?
So far all the reviews I've seen say "The biggest problem this movie faces is Apathy"
so is there anyone who cares about it?

Old 30 Oct 2003, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I think, because nobody even looked at this thread, that nobody cares.

And who is going to be Davy Crockett? Because those kickass disney movie and John Wayne is all we need. I think another war movie "Blockbuster" isn't really that interesting anymore. I don't care about seeing another hollywood hype fucked up history lesson with a love story thrown in.

Also, the acadamy sucks balls.