ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Why isn't there...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2003, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Why isn't there...

Channel 1 on cable. This might sound like stupid question, but I always wanted to know why channel 1 is never used.
Old 21 Oct 2003, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

credit The Straight Dope.
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_372b.html

Dear Cecil:

This question has puzzled me for a long time. Why isn't there a Channel One on television? --Sandy C., Mesa, Arizona

Cecil replies:

I'm glad we're finally getting around to the Fundamental Mysteries, Sandy. With some of the questions I get I have to ask, where are these people's PRIORITIES?

It turns out there was a Channel One once upon a time--in 1945, to be precise, when the Federal Communications Commission first allocated broadcast television frequencies.

Later, however, the FCC repented its generosity and decided that TV was hogging too much of the broadcast spectrum. (Each TV channel requires a bandwidth 600 times as wide as an individual radio station does.) So the Channel One band (44 to 50 MHz) was reassigned for use by people with mobile radios.

Considering how things turned out, maybe they should have reassigned Channels 2 through 13 while they were at it. This would have spared us Green Acres, arguably the worst blow to civilization since the sack of Rome by the Huns.

If you really crave to see a Channel One, though, no prob. Other countries have them. One of the Teeming Millions, recently returned from living in Japan, says that in Tokyo Channel One is used for broadcasts of NHK-General, a Japanese public TV station.

--CECIL ADAMS

there you go.
Old 21 Oct 2003, 02:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I always wondered that myself. I just figured that channel one has something to do with the radio.
Old 21 Oct 2003, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Ah alright. Thanks Exo.
Old 21 Oct 2003, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

something else that relates to this: why do the AM stations go in intervals of tens and FM stations only have odd decimal endings?
Old 21 Oct 2003, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

we HAVE TO watch channel 1 in school, & it sucks. its boring, but we're kids, so most news is boring