ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Horror Movies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default Horror Movies

Halloween is coming up so....

Do you watch horror movies?
Which ones are your favorites?
Why?

I know there must be some people out there that like them, this year has seen so many horror flicks hit the Box Office.
From big releases like Freddy Vs Jason, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Jeepers Creepers 2 to the shit movies that not many saw like Cabin Fever and Wrong Turn.

There has been a lot this year.

So which ones are your favorites?

Old 19 Oct 2003, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I personally think you can't go wrong with the classics

Halloween- Probably the best horror/slasher flick ever made. I can watch this anytime and still enjoy it.

Friday the 13th- A personal favorite, I can't put my finger on it but I just love this one...Its just so standard

Psycho- The original Psycho by Hitchcock is undoubtedly a classic film. Groundbreaking and thrilling. Everyone knows the shower scene. If you havent seen it ...you should

The Shining- Again, The Original with Jack Nicholson is an amazing movie. Jack truly makes you afraid. This movie should be seen by any who claim to love horror movies.

then there are some more modern movies that I love

Blair Witch Project- The concept of this movie was great, the marketing was brilliant, the feel was pretty damned real. I can't say a single bad thing about it

House on Haunted Hill- It was just a fun movie, not really scary or anything but it did have some great visuals, decent characters...its worth a rental

Scream- Say what you will about this movie, but it revitalized the genre. In fact the first in the series was a pretty soild flick, its the sequels that sucked so much ass. I don't feel bad about admitting that when I first saw it, it kept me guessing.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre- This time I'm going for the remake over the original, it just came out in theaters but I think it is undoubtably one of the best horror movies made in recent memory. I was truly impressed by it.

Old 19 Oct 2003, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

My favorite is The Shining......

.... Heeeeeerees Johnny!!!!
Old 19 Oct 2003, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

1.the Exorcist-always And Forever
2.halloween.
3.friday The 13th Part 6
4.hellraiser
5.the Beyond
6.the Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, Day Of The Dead Movies
7.the Thing
8.evil Dead Trilogy
9.dead Alive
10.pet Sematary

Thier all my favorites I just don't fell like giving the reasons.

Old 20 Oct 2003, 04:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Nah I'm a big pussy and don't watch Horror films, probably the scariest movie I've ever seen is like The Mexican or Signs or some non-scary shit like that.
Old 20 Oct 2003, 05:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

I like so many,lets see

1 The Shining-It is one of the best horror movies ever made and Jack is great in it
2 Halloween-Another classic movie,but I only like 1 and 2
3 Texas Chainsaw Massacre-I just saw it Saturday and I think it is one of the best horror movies today
4 Friday the 13th-I like it but not as much as Halloween
5 Nightmare on Elm Street-I love this movie and it scares me evertime I watch it
6 The Ring-It wasn't really scary but the 1st time I saw it,it scared me
7 Physco-Another great classic horror movie,one of my best
8 Pet Sematary-The best Horror movie I like
9 The Exorcist- My favorite Horror movie ever made
10 Scream-This one was ok but no where near Halloween or Friday the 13th

That is just a couple of horror movies I like
Old 23 Oct 2003, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

I love horror films,you name it I've seen em. Every thing from blockbusters to every B-movie you can name.
Here are a few of my favs.

1.Halloween
2.Texas Chainsaw-The classic one
3.My Bloddy Valintine
4.Last House on the Left
5.Physco-Hitchcoks
6.Carrie
7.Mother's Day
8.Slumber Party Mass.
9.In the Mouth of Maddness
10.Night of the Living Dead-Remaro's

Old 23 Oct 2003, 10:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takers bad girl
I love horror films,you name it I've seen em. Every thing from blockbusters to every B-movie you can name.
Here are a few of my favs.

2.Texas Chainsaw-The classic one

4.Last House on the Left
Good list

TCM...you should check out the remake..its not the original but its still damn good
Last House on The Left...I've been meaning to see this one...cant find it anywhere...could you tell me more about it?

Old 23 Oct 2003, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

Yeh I'm planing to see the new TCM next weekend(saving that one for Halloween)

Last House on the Left is a classic sick film by
Wes Craven,let me see if I can find a link for ya.

Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

http://members.fortunecity.com/roogu.../lasthouse.htm
Well sence the homepage for the movie is down here are a couple more links for ya.

http://www.esplatter.com/reviewshton...eontheleft.htm

I could'nt find any pics,they have some on
lasthouseontheleft.net,but it's down now anyway heres a link to the homepage of the lady who played the little girl on Night of the Living Dead I thought you might like.
http://www.in-design.com/~kyra/index2.html

Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I saw the TCM remake last night and I must say it was pretty good. Worth the money for sure.

I personally like the Halloween movies the best.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 12:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

1. Holloween 1 & 2, are by far the illest horror movies, The best part about Holleween 1 & 2 take place on the same night 5 minutes later, (thats genuis) Mike Myers Dr Loomis and it had Jamie Lee Curtis (the queen of horror back in the day) in it.

The Oman 1 & 2- these movies are just great to watch because it is realistic horror

The Amittyville Horrors 1 & 2- Another great actually real horror movie, the first one is based on a real story

The Exorcist- Only the 1st one is good, but that is good enough, this movie is a classic

Friday the 13th 1,2,3 and 4- I mean Jason is the man

Nightmare on Elm street- 1,2 and 3- Freddy's not Jason but he's still the man

Night of the living dead (with Tony Todd)- Just a great classic love this movie

Shadow of a Vampire- W/ William Defoe, I bet not to many people have seen this movie but it is great.

The Ring- I mean i was actually shaken up with this one, it has to be the scarest mordern movie I have seen

House on Hunted Hill- I like this movie for some reason, the whole theme, it came out the same time the Haunted did, but didn't get nearly as much press, and that sucked because this movies was about 5 times better

Texas Chansaw Masacre 1 & 2- These movies exspecially the 1st are fucked, I loved the original and look forward to seeing the remake (another one based on a true story)

The Shining- Jack.....nuff said

Last edited by Dre; 24 Oct 2003 at 12:22 AM.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 11:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

let's see if you've heard of this one, Kurt.....i saw a movie when I was in college called "The Fog"....but I believe it came out in the early '70's.....(meaning I watched it in the early '90's)....it's about a group of lepers that were sent out to this island, banned from their city.....they came back when there was a huge fog (hence the name) and destroyed the place....probably my favorite horror flick, although i am not a huge fan of slasher type films....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 08:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Amityville Horror - Whether the actual Lutz' faked the story or not, just watch this movie because of James Brolin. LMFAO, his transformation from nice, lovin' husband to crazed maniac with axe is hilarious. His facial expressions alone make this a comedy.

Friday The 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter - This series actually made some, if not alot of sense up until this point. The chronology was somewhat intact, they explained why Jason could get his ass kicked and come back. But once they pulled that Tommy bullshit, and zombe Jason, he became more of a pop Icon than a machete wieldin' killer.

Exorcist - Nothin' really scary about it, other than it'll brain fuck you for the rest of your life.

Nightmare On Elm Street - I loved how Wes Craven crafted the character of Freddy Krueger. As the series wore on, he became notin' but a one-line spewin' machine, more of a comical joke than a crazed dream killer. Freddy holds all his power in the dream world, becomin' invincible, but when he steps out into the real world, he can get his ass kicked by the girl, which at first sounds stupid, but just shows what they did was smart.

JAWS - I'll never EVER go swimmin' in the fuckin' ocean because of this movie. EVER.

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 25 Oct 2003, 12:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

Jaws lol Slash I know what you mean,when I first seen it as a kid I would'nt even take a bath for like a week! Gezz that was something back then.