ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

THE ROCK Speaks On Arnold and Predator 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2003, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default THE ROCK Speaks On Arnold and Predator 3

The Rock Denies Rumors Of Starring In Predator 3

Partial Source: SCI-FI Wire

The Rock told Sci-Fi that the rumor of him taking over the lead role of Dutch in a third-installment of the "Predator" series is without backing. He noted that it was just an Internet rumor, likely started by the writer.

From what I understand, The Rock is on the nail with that statement, although never did the rumors actually state that The Rock had signed on for the project, just that the writer wanted to ask him. Supposedly, there is still huge interest in having The Rock join the project, and writer Sam Park is likely to ask The Rock to attach himself to the movie. Of course, it is not yet known if The Rock is at all interested. The Rock Talks About How Schwarzenegger Got Involved With The Rundown
Story By: Ben Johnson
September 16, 2003

Thanks to 'Chuck' & CS for the following:

- The Rock spoke recently on how Arnold Schwarznegger got set up for the cameo in "The Rundown" as well as his relationship with Arnold and more. Here are some highlights:

- Rock & Schwarznegger were having lunch on the set when director Peter Berg came over and whispered to The Rock about asking Arnold to appear in the movie. The Rock came out and asked him, and Arnold immediately agreed, and they shot Arnold's cameo scene just fifteen minutes later.

- Rock noted that Arnold gave the words "have fun" in the cameo as a sort of passing of the torch to Rock, realizing that Rock is the next big action star.

- Rock and Schwarzenegger go back pretty far, and Arnold once brought his wife and kids to see The Rock wrestle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ROCK...This comin' straight from the heart...You'd be stupid not to take that role...It will probably cement your legacy and can only lead to bigger and better things...Oh by the way...Hunter's comin'....GET READY!!!!

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 17 Sep 2003, 01:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Are you fucking kidding me? Pred 2 sucked major ass and I would put my money down that Pred 3 would as well even with Rock in it.

Rock........dont do any sequels but your own.....I.E. The Rundown 2 if its a hit and of course Scorpion 2. Stay away from Pred 3 stay very away.

Old 17 Sep 2003, 01:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Goddam I suck

Spammy McSuckass is on a distinguished road
Talking

Can't you please be more polite?"it" being? What's your favorite movie? Ok I'll try not to do do any sequels but your own too much. Aren't all hit and of course Scorpion 2 ie The Rundown 2 if it? ""? Stay away from Pred 3 stay very away? :mad2:

Old 17 Sep 2003, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Yo KAM...Predator was off the hook...Predator 2 wasn't as good but the shit was still hot...This movie would make ROCK look like a real Hunterwood player...Like how HHH is right now...

Side Note: This just in...HHH wins Oscar for performance in Blade: Trinity...

9 Times....
Old 17 Sep 2003, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Pred one was. But even Arnold knew to stay away from part to. And any sequel that doesnt have the actual cast sucks. So Pred 3 wouldnt help the Rock it would hurt him.

Sequels that flopped that didnt have the originals.......

Home Alone 3
The Flinstones Rock Vegas (Flinstones one was a decent hit)
Next Friday (decent)
Friday after next (SUCKED)
Dumb and Dumberer
Final Destenation 2
Batman 3 and 4
Predater 2

All didnt have the originals in the first ones and all of these pretty much sucked.

Damn these are just the first ones to pop in my head but Im sure the list coould go on and on.

Sequals with the origianls that were as good, if not better....and with the same cast.......

Mummy, Mummy Returns
Lethal Weapon 1,2,3, and 4
Back to the Future 1,2, and 3
Raiders of the lost ark series
Star Wars 4,5, and 6
Star Wars 1,2, and more than likely 3

Do you see what Im getting at?

Rock has a great movie career agead of him. He doesnt need to jump in on a movie franchise on its 3rd outing. Hes already being compared to Arnold that is beyond enough cause IMO Duane Johnson has more than Arnold on an acting point. He has the comedic timing timing Arnold doesnt. If you rewatch Arnolds comedy like Twins and Kindergarden cop......the jokes were funny but Arnolds deliverance is stale. His voice never changes and really hes not a great actor. Arnold is big and muscular and a huge action hit. I see Duane Johnson as an actor and I can actually see him pulling off a serious roll. He has it. He has the gift of acting. I watched his promos the other day on the Rock DVD and hes really got it.

Anyways Pred 3 wouldnt make his career. Pred 1 wasnt even that big of a hit. Actually I would like to get PWF Rocks opinion on this.........and Im surprised he hasnt commented yet.

The Rock doesnt need to continue or try to continue a legacy that Arnold started and he didnt even want to finish. The Rock Duane Johnson is starting his own acting legacy and with the success of Scorpion King and the reviews the Rundown is getting........hes got a very promising career in fron of him.

Old 18 Sep 2003, 01:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Whoa Next Friday SUCKED...But Friday after Next was Hilarious. Especially when Damon tried to rape Money Mike in the bathroom....

Old 18 Sep 2003, 07:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted By KAM
Rock has a great movie career agead of him. He doesnt need to jump in on a movie franchise on its 3rd outing. Hes already being compared to Arnold that is beyond enough cause IMO Duane Johnson has more than Arnold on an acting point. He has the comedic timing timing Arnold doesnt. If you rewatch Arnolds comedy like Twins and Kindergarden cop......the jokes were funny but Arnolds deliverance is stale. His voice never changes and really hes not a great actor. Arnold is big and muscular and a huge action hit. I see Duane Johnson as an actor and I can actually see him pulling off a serious roll. He has it. He has the gift of acting. I watched his promos the other day on the Rock DVD and hes really got it.

Anyways Pred 3 wouldnt make his career. Pred 1 wasnt even that big of a hit. Actually I would like to get PWF Rocks opinion on this.........and Im surprised he hasnt commented yet.

The Rock doesnt need to continue or try to continue a legacy that Arnold started and he didnt even want to finish. The Rock Duane Johnson is starting his own acting legacy and with the success of Scorpion King and the reviews the Rundown is getting........hes got a very promising career in fron of him.
Very well put...But I'll admit...I'm a Predator mark...On the other hand...Dues to Rock's connection with the WWE...I think it might be hard for him to get serious roles in films when people see at heart he is a great entertainer...As far as, could he do a serious role, without people waitin' for him to cock his eyebrow or what not...I think Rock has a great future...Until HHH hits the scene that is...

9 Times....