ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Actor John Ritter dead at 54*MERGED*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Actor John Ritter dead at 54

(CNN) -- Actor and comedian John Ritter, who gained stardom in the 1970s sitcom "Three's Company," died of heart failure Thursday night after collapsing on the set of his current TV series. He was 54.

Ritter was rushed from the set of the ABC series "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, California, after suffering from aortic dissection, an unrecognized and undetected flaw in his heart, according to a statement from his publicist Lisa Kasteler.

"Surgeons at the hospital tried to save the Emmy Award-winning actor but, sadly, were unable to do so," the statement said.

Ritter, who would have turned 55 next week, is best known for his role as Jack Tripper on the long-running television sitcom, "Three's Company," which brought him an Emmy.

He was the youngest son of Western film star and country music legend Tex Ritter, according to his biography on ABC's Web site.

He was born on September 17, 1948, and is survived by his wife, Amy Yasbeck and their daughter Stella and three children, Carly, Tyler and Jason, from his first marriage to Nancy Morgan.

WebMD.com describes an aortic dissection as "an abnormal separation of tissues within the walls of the aorta" caused by high blood pressure, family history of the condition, disease of connective tissue, or severe trauma to the chest.

"Aortic dissection results in a weakened blood vessel wall that may also rupture," the Web site says.

Ritter guest-starred on many popular television series, and was nominated for an Emmy Award for his appearance on "Ally McBeal."

Proving his versatility, he also provided the voice of Clifford on the PBS animated series "Clifford the Big Red Dog," a role for which he received two Emmy nominations.

He is best remembered for his goofy physical humor on "Three's Company," but showcased his penchant for serious acting in Billy Bob Thornton's 1996 cinematic hit, "Slingblade."

That role opened the door for future serious acting roles. He recently co-starred with Sigourney Weaver in Miramax's Tadpole, directed by Gary Winick.

He also appeared in the independent feature "Manhood," which premiered at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival.

Ritter will also be seen in Miramax's "Bad Santa," opposite Thornton. The film is scheduled for release on November 26.

Credit: CNN

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Cash...Now Ritter....Damn....God Bless

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default John Ritter Dies at age 54

John Ritter ....the stars of shows such as Threes Compnay, and ABC's current sitcom 8 Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter passsed away at 10 pm Thursday night.

Ritter fell ill and was taken to the hospital from the set of 8 rules on Thursday.The cause of death was a dissection of the aorta, the result of an unrecognized flaw in his heart

Ritter was a week shy of his 55th Birthday.
John Ritter has starred in over 35 TV movies as well as multiple films.

Old 12 Sep 2003, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Default John Ritter 1948-2003

JOHN RITTER: 1948 - 2003
September 12, 2003

JOHN RITTER, star of "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter," died Thursday night, reportedly due to an undiagnosed heart condition. Ritter, 54, reportedly fell ill Thursday while on the set of the ABC sitcom and passed shortly before 10 p.m. at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA. He leaves behind his wife, actress AMY YASBECK, and a daughter, STELLA, who celebrated her fifth birthday on Sept. 11. Ritter was previously married to NANCY MORGAN, with whom he had three children, including JASON RITTER a cast member of the new CBS drama, "Joan of Arcadia."

RIP
Old 12 Sep 2003, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Dude, that sucks ass. Ritter always seemed like he was a genuinely nice person. In the world of backstabbers, liars, and thieves, it's always sad to lose someone like him.

RIP John Ritter
Old 12 Sep 2003, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Damn I gew up on three's company...well the 80's version that is....and Jack Tripper was my favroite character...and yeah in reall life hes was a guenine nice guy.....really sux he'd died...and only at 54....SHIT.....

A sad day indeed .....
Old 12 Sep 2003, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Birth Name: Jonathan Southworth Ritter
Birthdate: September 17, 1948
Birthplace: Burbank, California
Date of Death: September 11, 2003
Occupations: Actor, Producer
Claim to Fame: Played Jack Tripper on the popular ABC sitcom Three's Company (1977-84)

Significant Other(s):
Wife: Amy Yasbeck, actress; married September 18, 1999, in her hometown of Wilmington, Ohio
Wife: Nancy Morgan (aka Nancy Karen Morgan), actress; married October 1977; separated 1993; filed for divorce September 1996

Family:
Father: Tex Ritter, actor, singer; born 1905; died 1974
Mother: Dorothy Fay Ritter (née Southworth, aka Dorothy Fay), actress
Brother: Tom Ritter, older
Son: Jason Ritter; mother, Nancy Morgan
Son: Tyler Ritter; mother, Nancy Morgan
Daughter: Carly Ritter; mother, Nancy Morgan
Daughter: Stella Ritter; born 1998; mother, Amy Yasbeck

Awards:
1983: Golden Globe: Best Actor in a Series (Musical or Comedy), Three's Company
1984: Emmy: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, Three's Company
1986: Emmy: Outstanding Host, Superfest: A Celebration of Ability; shared award with brother Tom
1988: People's Choice: Favorite Male Performer in a New TV Program
2001: Theatre World Award, The Dinner Party

Factoids:
Executive-produced the short-lived ABC sitcom Have Faith (1989)

Education:
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California; BFA, Theater Arts, 1971
Studied acting with Stella Adler and Nina Foch
Harvey Lembeck Comedy Workshop (studied four years)
Old 12 Sep 2003, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

That sucks. I always liked his charcter on "three's company" and his other roles. RIP John Ritter.

My Teams

Old 12 Sep 2003, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

God Dammit, First Hennig, Then Elizabeth, Barry white, Gregory hines, Fred Blassie, Now Ritter!!!

Damn This World all to helL!

Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

R.I.P John Ritter,this really sucks..
Old 12 Sep 2003, 11:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

and don't forget cash sin dammit what the hell is going on!??? god man I knew something was going to happen this week... DAMN FUCKING BITCH AH FUCK........FUCK..............FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! fuck sry for spam I just lost my fav actor and probally the best country music ah hell of all music today...FUCK....