ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Swearing to today's modern society

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2003, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer
evilgrin Swearing to today's modern society

Alright where do you guys stand about this topic?

Do you encourage people to swear these days or do you think it should only be used in a colluquial conversation with friends. Now these days children are exposed to people cursing and swearing and kids follow what other people say on TV because they think its cool (Fuck who uses the word cool these days?)

example: My Best friend watched TV and one day when he was a young boy and the phase "I'm Jacking Off" entered his young unsoiled mind, Now to him this was a new word to his vocabulary and he thought it meant "I'm an idiot" so when he was trying to be funny infront of relatives since he did something stupid he screamed out loud infront of his relatives (Grandparents and all) "I'M JACKING OFF!!!" to which the whole rooming were either completely taken off guard and shocked or laughed their ass off.

Now do you believe swearing is justified in today's society that its okay to go up to anybody you hate at school or work and say 'You're a Fucking Cunt"

And who's to say what's rude and what isn't you know its a fact that the word pants was once considered a dirty word in France many years ago. Also I don't see how some words can be more offensive then others.

example:
Cunt is more Offensive then Pussy
Shit is more offensive then Crap

My finally say on this is the word fuck, Now fuck is probably the most flexable word in our wonderful language. Yet if you use it in a sentence to a respectable adult it brings down the whole atmosphere. Fuck is a very unconfrotable word when it comes to formal conversation but it has such a wide range of uses. So what makes this word so bad? What makes any words bad is it because God said so? No its what people think is wrong and right now I think what they're think is WRONG!!

Last edited by Dante; 30 Aug 2003 at 06:42 AM.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 07:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

ppft... swearing is like shit. It happens. Swearing is cool with friends, but not with strangers or relatives.

So I have a few lanugages in my brain -
1) Italian
2) German
3) English (Casual)
4) English (Formal)

swearing is its own language.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

^^
yeah....but it's more fun to swear at people in different languages.....i do it in italian to my friends all the time
Old 30 Aug 2003, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Of course it is but this whole bullshit about different words meaning the same thing that are more offensive is horse shit to me. Beside everyone knows how to swear in other languages, that one of the first things you wanna find out when you even start.

;err:
Old 30 Aug 2003, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I swear way to much in casual conversation. Having spent 10 years in and around pool halls has exposed me to constant swearing and I dont even think twice when using it. I have even had my mother accuse me of swearing at home and I didnt even realize that I did.
Yet I can stop swearing whenever Im am out at a restaurant or any social event.
This indicates to me that I must enjoy it otherwise I would make a effort in curbing my bad language.
But if somebody pisses me off or I get accused of something I didnt do I go off like a firecraker regardless of where I am. I become the swearing minister where every second word from my mouth has an f or a c at the start.

So my stance is in public its not the right thing to swear but around friends and such why not.

Old 31 Aug 2003, 03:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

i swore in school when a teacher was walking behind be & she fined me $2. I HATE THAT TEACHER, but anyways, if your with adults, like your parents age, then you shouldnt swear, cuz thats "frowned" upon, but if you with your friends, the why not?

but thats from a younger person's point of view
Old 01 Sep 2003, 03:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
....Bang

You were fined $2....That has to be the gayest thing I've ever heard, $2 over in states is like $50 over here and about $200 Canadian.

Then again most teachers are human and they will swear...Just not infront of Students where if they're caught they could get fired or docked.
Old 01 Sep 2003, 11:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

yeah, i wish some would swear, then be heard, then be fired!
Old 01 Sep 2003, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

I think that swearing is okay as long as you aren't making the person you are talking to uncomfortable (unless of course that's the whole point using the swear words)

Who i am with ussually defines how i talk.

My Teams