ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

what are some qualities in a poster that earn instant respect from you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2003, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
givin you the evil eye...

Nullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud ofNullpunkt has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt
Default what are some qualities in a poster that earn instant respect from you?

Is it not backing down from a challenge from a fellow poster?
Not ganging up on someone, for the sole reason it seems popular to do it?
Sides with no one, only fending for himself/ herself?

Those are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.
What other qualities do posters who you respect posess?

and please, no names, as we don't want this thread to turn into one big huge circle jerk.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

someone who doesnt run their mouths thinking they know everything people who dont have internet identites like coming in acting like a bad ass thug and stupis shit like that and people who just in general know what they are talking about
Old 29 Aug 2003, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

When someone can post and make it worth reading. What I mean by that, is they post intelligently and almost all of their posts are mulitple sentences or have some kind of length and depth to them. The thing I hate the most on the boards is when people only type up a few words or a single sentence. They never elaborate on what they say.

Anyone who makes their posts worth reading has my instant respect.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
I WANNA GO FAST!!!!

Ricky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersRicky Bobby will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Bobby

i like someone who doesn't whine or bitch, and just goes with the flow.....
Old 30 Aug 2003, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Pretty much what Stick and Syn said. Real people... not some fake ass two faced phony bitches
Old 30 Aug 2003, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

It doesn't really matter to me. It just the fucking internet.You can be anybody you want to be on the internet.It like a mask party or whatever. You don't really know who that person is unless they take off the mask.You don't know they could be different in real life. Im not going to put my emotions on the internet. Yeah in real life I hate fake people, but over the internet I really don't care. Either I like you or I don't.

Old 30 Aug 2003, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Boss
i like someone who doesn't whine or bitch, and just goes with the flow.....
That and people who can take shit and give shit, I really don't care about phonies hell everyone is a phony now and again. Deception is part of life why should the interent be any different so live with it...

Hell I'm a phony.

EDIT - I could be a 33 year old Divorcie with 12 kids living in India for all you know.....

Last edited by Dante; 30 Aug 2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 07:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally posted by STICKzophrenic
When someone can post and make it worth reading. What I mean by that, is they post intelligently and almost all of their posts are mulitple sentences or have some kind of length and depth to them. The thing I hate the most on the boards is when people only type up a few words or a single sentence. They never elaborate on what they say.

Stick said it. Interesting posts = Respect.

Syn also said it, I'm not liking people who pretend to be someone else or people who are here to use new swearwords on people. It;s pretty damn gay.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 10:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

Someone who does'nt act like a total smart ass buy tring to make someone feel bad because of the post they make.

Old 30 Aug 2003, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally posted by STICKzophrenic

Yep.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 30 Aug 2003, 10:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Someone who doesnt like to pick fights in like every thread, that really peeves me off. & peeps who have a mind of their own & dont just say i agree with so & so.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 12:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Someone who has my name in their Respect List...heh heh

seriously tho
Someone has earned my respect if they can make the time I spent reading their post worthwhile, if I dont feel like I'm talking to a phony...yes its the net, yes you have a right to "play make believe", but be reasonable...don't come in here tellin me how you got 3 girlfriends across the country and you made your first million before you turned 12, I can smell the bullshit a mile away.

Treat me and others with some respect and courtesy, show that you have atleast half a functional brain and can think above a 4th grade level and I will most likely respect you.

It may sound like a lot, but it isn't.

Old 31 Aug 2003, 03:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

To me there's a definitive difference between liking someone and respecting someone.Respect is not a bi-product of for example a moderator holding authority over average posters.Anyone who would take it upon themselves to converse with me on light hearted terms, whether it's flaming or just idle chit chat acknowledge that I don't have much tolerance for being a serious person at least above and beyond where my interests fit in. It's not a case of "you like me so I like you" it's more like if you're here to contribute as part of a unit as opposed to the "shower me with attention because my life's so lame I can't get it anywhere else " approach then I guess people can respect that...if your opinion is valued then you yourself are valued as a poster.

Now if you'll excuse me the playboy bunnies ain't getting any hotter in the tub.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 04:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

It's all about the attitude. Everyone who comes to this Forum can be put into one of three groups.

The first group are the posters that come here with the knowledge that this is the internet forum and not the running of a small country. I like these people for the most part because their post are real and have a point, not just words ment to further a gimmick or boost there post count.

The second group is the gimmick group. These people ussualy make senceless post about how they will save PWF from extiction, kill PWF, or some stupid shit like that. I don't dislike all of these posters because some of them are accually entertaining and know that it is ok to come out of caracter and make a serious post when nessisary. It's the ones that take there gimmick too seriously and post something stupid in a perfectly good thread ending up killing said thread that I don't like.

The last group are the confrotational posters. They come here looking for fights. Almost every post they make is made with the intent to "run someone off the site" or just piss them off, even if the thread they post in has no relevence to what they say in there post. These people i absolutly do not like because they end up killing threads and driving the senceble posters away.

Other qualities i respect are like Stick said, the abilty to make their posts intresting to read and like Kurt said, the ability to make their post belivable whether their internet personality is how they really are or not.

My Teams

Last edited by Wolf; 31 Aug 2003 at 04:35 PM.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 11:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I like the non-sheeple... people who speak their mind.