ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Damon Dash and Jay-Z parting ways

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2003, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Damon Dash and Jay-Z parting ways

New York-based newspaper Daily News reports that long-time business partners Damon Dash and Jay-Z may be parting ways soon. Each one of them owns a third of the Roc-A-Fella empire, which includes record label Roc-A-Fella Records, clothing line Roc-A-Wear and vodka company Armadale. The last third of the empire is owned by Kareem "Biggs" Burke.

"Damon wants to be a baby Puffy," a source told the newspaper. He's spending aimlessly on the company. He signed ODB against Jay-Z's consent. Jay has had enough. This has been brewing for years. Jay is reserved and cool. Damon is flashy. He's had liposuction twice."

Credit: StreetHop.Com

Damon Dash screwed over Jay-Z IMHO by signin' ODB...He creates a rift between Wu and Jay and makes Jay look like the bad guy...Oh well...Jay will come out with another plat. album and ODB will go back to jail...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 24 Aug 2003, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Yes this has been brewing for some time, because Jay-Z didn't even sign Cam'ron to the Roc, it happend without him giving the okay on that account. Dash is flashy but i wouldn't say he is trying to be a baby Puffy, mainly cause he is better then Puffy in the industry and has showned that with his success in Roc-a-fella, while Puffy has been hurting in the rap department........All this does is give Dr. Dre a chance to lockdown the entire game, it will be interesting to see what happens if this unfolds.

Old 24 Aug 2003, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

The striking similarities between the rise of Death Row and Shady/Aftermath are pretty crazy...Although Shady/Aftermath is way too safe to ever become "dangerous"...When Row And Bad Boy were goin' at it....The line was pretty clear cut...Now....50 disses Ja...Ja disses Em...C-Bo disses 50...Fatal disses 50...Outlawz diss Daz...I have a feeling this will get worse before it gets better....

9 Times....
Old 24 Aug 2003, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

DEATH OF A DYNASTY!!!!!!!!

Old 24 Aug 2003, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Everyone dissess 50 because no one in the rap world likes him (Ghostface, Rza, Missy, Tim)......For the fact that Jay all of a sudden has no beef with 50 alone makes me question some shit about Jay. "I'm about a dollar what the fuck is 50 cent?" to makin a song with him........Roc-a-fella is like the mordern Bad Boys, except with more talent and better beats, the same way that Aftermath is like the new Death Row on the west, except its safer to go to work then Row was......Dre's got it locked down over there and if the Roc falls then Dre will have it more secured then he did before.....I wanna know whats gonna happen to in this war

Old 24 Aug 2003, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Yea...That is definately true...Especially when Jay is with Beyonce and Destiny's Child screwed over 50 when he got shot...But I mean 50 went and did a track with Sean Paul..."Real Rude Boys"... So I guess nothin' is clear cut in the rap world...And now that Murder Inc. is in the gutter...MCGriff and Gotti are basically done...Suge is in jail again...Attempted hits on him left and right...Like tou said, It looks like it will be between The R-O-C and Shady/Aftermath....

9 Times....
Old 25 Aug 2003, 12:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Joe Sun is on a distinguished road

how did destiny child screw over 50?
Old 25 Aug 2003, 01:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

They were supposed to relaese Thug Love or shoot a video or something together...I don't really know the story too well...But the day before 50 was shot at his Grandma's and when he got better...He gave them a call but he was never answered...They backed out because of what happened....

9 Times....
Old 25 Aug 2003, 01:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

i'M going to watch THE EC match again...Then i'll comment on this thread