ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Jay Z signs ODB and Wu Tang doesn't LIKE it, 10 year anniversary album in doubt...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2003, 01:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Default Jay Z signs ODB and Wu Tang doesn't LIKE it, 10 year anniversary album in doubt...

ODB's Roc-A-Fella Deal Upsetting Wu-Tang Members
Posted By Ashish on 08.07.03

Rappers? Upset with other rappers? That can't be right...

ODB's jump to Jay-Z's Roc-A-Fella Records isn't sitting well with members of the Wu-Tang Clan. ODB plans to release his next album, Dirt McGrit, on Roc-A-Fella this October.

ODB was signed to RZA's production company though, so RZA says the album will be released on Roc-A-Fella/Wu-Tang. While RZA doesn't mind ODB's jump, other Wu members do.

"I haven't been able to sit him down and drill him," Inspectah Deck said. "A lot of people feel it's a betrayal thing. I would say that too. That's like going to war in Iraq and you be like, 'I don't want to fight for America' and you joining the Iraqis no disrespect to the Roc. Me, I couldn't have made that move."

"I'm glad Dirty got that deal with Roc-A Fella 'cause it shows we ain't over yet," Method Man said in June. "The only thing [I have] a problem with is him rocking their flag like that, the Roc-A-Fella chain. Dirty is an entity within himself."

Meanwhile, ODB has been working with producers such as RZA, the Neptunes, and Swizz Beats for his new album.

As for the rumored Wu-Tang 10 year anniversary album, it looks like it won't happen.

"Brothers ain't really been in contact with each other," Johnny Blaze said. "Don't let none of them fool you like we talk to each other every day, 'cause we don't. Where we're at right now, a lot of people got a lot of issues they gotta deal with personal as well as business."

Credit: MTV

Fuck the played out PU Tang Clan. What did they expect? The man was in Prison for a minute, and they didn't even visit him. I would've went where the money was also, PU Tang has a history of fucking over eachother, ask Ghost Face and Raekwon...

Old 09 Aug 2003, 01:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Wu sucked anyway

ODB was arguably the most worthless member
his voice sucked almost as much as his rap skills

Old 09 Aug 2003, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Quote:
Originally posted by ASSHOLE
Wu sucked anyway

ODB was arguably the most worthless member
his voice sucked almost as much as his rap skills
His teeth, or lack of bother me. How he gets play is beyond me. Girls must be mblind or desperate or something.
Old 09 Aug 2003, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
StarScream

you go to 411wrestling for enetertainment news?

Old 09 Aug 2003, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Tig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jay Z signs ODB and Wu Tang doesn't LIKE it, 10 year anniversary album in doubt...

Quote:
Originally posted by Classic Truth
Fuck the played out PU Tang Clan. What did they expect? The man was in Prison for a minute, and they didn't even visit him. I would've went where the money was also, PU Tang has a history of fucking over eachother, ask Ghost Face and Raekwon...
I don't think anyone here actually knows Ghost Face or Raekwon personally, so i don't think anyone will be asking them anything... lol.

Quote:
Originally posted by StarScream you go to 411wrestling for enetertainment news?
LOL!
Old 09 Aug 2003, 06:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

ODB is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen, I mean his album goes platinum and he's on MTV gettin' a welfare check....It doesn't bother me, but for people like 2Gangster and such who need the money....It's a little bit inconsiderate...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 09 Aug 2003, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

The Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersThe Great Khali is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
Originally posted by ASSHOLE
Wu sucked anyway
Wu did not suck, they were the shit back in the day
Old 09 Aug 2003, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally posted by StarScream
you go to 411wrestling for enetertainment news?
Not really, i just happened to see it there...lol

And Afficial, stop trying to be a smart ass, it was a figure of speach. But who's to say somebody here doesn't know of Rae and Ghost? Some people here actually know "Real Humans", not just there "E buddies"...

Old 09 Aug 2003, 07:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally posted by The Rock
Wu did not suck, they were the shit back in the day
You're right, they brought rap back to the East Coast. They werer at one time the best rap group in the world..

Cash
Rule
Everything
Around
Me

Cream get the money, 100 dollar bills yalllllllllllll!!!!!!!

Old 09 Aug 2003, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Tig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by Classic Truth

And Afficial, stop trying to be a smart ass, it was a figure of speach. But who's to say somebody here doesn't know of Rae and Ghost? Some people here actually know "Real Humans", not just there "E buddies"...

How am i being a smart ass? I just said i doubt anyone here knows Ghostface or Raekwon in real life.

But who knows, maybe you really are buds wit them in real life... (lmao)
Old 09 Aug 2003, 09:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

^^^^Maybe i do, maybe i don't...Who knows? But it'll be pointless trying to prove it over a computer...

Old 09 Aug 2003, 09:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

^ believe me, you don't...... lol
Old 09 Aug 2003, 10:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

^^^But i do know the Mental midget Bret Hart...lol. I've met him, he seems to have devloped a stutter, his brain has been rattled every since Goldberg kicked the shit out of him...

Sort like how your fahther use to kick the shit out of your mother, after she'd be short on the trap money.

Old 09 Aug 2003, 10:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kryptonite

no guys...sorry...WU sucked ass
ODB was the least talented member
everytime I hear his voice I wanna hurt someone

DMX and RuffRyderz did more for East Coast than Wu

goddam Wu Tang Clan SUCK

Old 09 Aug 2003, 10:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

History Lesson in Rap 101...

West Coast dominated the rao era from 91-94...Eastcoast, dstarted to get back in the scene, because of the classic album "Wu Tang Clan's The 36 Chambers". Which started a revolution, Nas dropped the best pure rap album ever Illmatic, Biggie dropped the critically acclaimed Ready to Die....These 3 albums were the conerstone to bring back THE eastcoast...Spearheaded by Wu Tang..

Crack Man X came out 4 years later, with it's Dark and Hell is out...and it was a hit. But Jay, Big, Nas, Mobb deep, and Redman made it possible...Ruff Ryders did nothing for hip hop, which is the reason their garbage now (with the exception of Styles and Jada), DMX is played out, and one of hip hop's most overrated artist...WHAT!!!!