ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Ichi the killer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 2003, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Default Ichi the killer

I picked this title up yesterday and I have but 2 words for you:

HOLY SHIT

This one is probably the most brutal and violent thing I have ever seen in my life and I've seen my fair share of twisted movies let me tell you...this one has left me speechless.Eveyone else watching has dismissed as nothing but glorification of violence.okay I'll take that but won't accept it.The ending has you questioning absolutely EVERYTHING you just saw and totally disregards the thought of it being sheer exploitation.Stroke of genius would be an understatement.

Synopsis:
In a yakuza syndicate, the Anjo clan has suffered the loss of their head leader. Kakihara, Anjo's right hand man, sets out on a quest to find his boss (regardless of the evidence that says he's dead). Things begin to turn for the worst when a group of men that was once affiliated with their syndicate but kicked out set their eyes on seeing the Anjo Clan's complete annihilation. To make thing's worse, they've got the mysterious and extremely deadly killer Ichi on their tales. Will the Anjo Clan survive through Ichi's slaughter? Can they defy their gloomy fate? A sick and twisted fantasy about sadism and masochism with an ending so puzzling that it'll drive you to watch this nihilistic ride into the deepest trenches of the human psyche a second time, a third time, hell, maybe even a fourth. A film based on the extreme manga with the same name, Miike Takashi brings the panels of ink to life in this controversial film.

Cover

Just see it,simple as that.

Anyone actually saw this? Your thoughts on it?
Old 26 Jul 2003, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

No I haven't seen this..but it sounds pretty damn disturbing..
Old 29 Jul 2003, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

^
Very disturbing actually.You always tell yourself that you're pretty much desensitised to cinema violence and then you see something like this.This is a whole new kind of violence,I actually found many of the scenes rather hard to watch.Eventhough it really draws from its original comic book format in that it's to a certain degree fantasy violence there are scenes that employ a very real scenario style.The multiple rape scenes were so brutal,Kakihara cuts off his own tongue and a guy gets clamped by his skin to needles drove right through his cheeks to name a few off the top of my head.The reason then I recommend this is because well quite frankly Hollywood is so far away from producing anything even close to this that you may never again see anything like it in your life.
Old 29 Jul 2003, 03:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

well, odds are I won't ever see this, but can you tell me some more of the gross stuff?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 29 Jul 2003, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I've never even heard of it, maybe I'll check it out.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Quote:
Originally posted by XDS
well, odds are I won't ever see this, but can you tell me some more of the gross stuff?
Talking about the stuff in this one is one thing,but seeing it is really another.If you like I could rip some photo's from the DVD and post them here,naturally nothing like the rape scenes or what have you.I just figure it would give you a better sense of what you see and what you hear.

Probably regarded as quite a perverse movie as well considering some of the conversations between Ichi and Karen,I won't spoil the set pieces but there's one conversation that's rather weird where she talks about wanting to be abused,when she was raped Ichi was so paralyzed with fear that he couldn't help her,instead he stood there with a hard on.Then she goes on to talk about how she really wanted to be raped by him,she wants to beaten for no reason,treated like dirt and fucked by someone who doesn't care about her.This tends to be the tone of the movie,not your garden variety Disney movie then?

Over and above the subjects discussed you get treated to a guy being burned with deep fat fryer oil,pins dragged through the bottom of his chin up through to his nose while he's clamped with harpoon style latches by his skin.Around 5 rape sequences were the women really get the shit beaten out of them.The guy on the cover up there is Kakihara,his mouth has been all slit open and he uses two rings to hold his jaws together,in one scene a guy trys to punch him and he takes out the rings and basically eats the guys hand when he swings at him.Ichi has retractable blades in his boots so he takes it upon him self to slice peoples feet off,slices their necks quite a bit too.A guy gets his arm ripped off while he has pins inserted through his face that pop out the other end and then they go to chop his dick off.Ichi seems to like to jerk off over dead bodies as well,in fact the title forms in his jizz at the start.That's what I can recall for now but there's certainly more stuff.Not a kiddie flick anyway..I'll rip some "tasteful" pics later on and post them to give you a better idea as to what I'm talking about.