ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

What's your favorite scary movie?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jul 2003, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Default What's your favorite scary movie?

Yeah okay so it's a cliched line now but it's most fitting for the question:

What's your favorite scary movie?

I personally am not a massive fan of the horror genre,especially present day projects which to me are more often than not rehashed bs and not fit enough to scare the pants off my baby niece.But I do have a few that I'm unable to decide between:

Halloween:
I mean is there really any explanation necessary? the convention and trend setter for many years to come,in fact even present day flicks are still keen to rip it off.Tarnished by its many unrelentingly bad sequels it may well be but what you have on your hands with this one is a screen classic.Combine cheese acting with a good ensemble cast,awesome score,kick ass cinematography and bare plot minimum that ensures turn your brain off and watch the blood splatter viewing.

The Shining:
Very few movies I've ever seen have had the ability to genuinely freak me out,this is one of the few.What I find really appealing about The Shining primarily is the fact that what has been opted for here is horror on the grounds of normality rather than monsters and strange creatures.Very few movies can say that their merit lies in making the normal a scary thing.You have a genuine iconic figure of cinema in Jack Torrence,Kubrick behind it all delivering some of the greatest steady cam material ever,an interesting story that delves into the human psyche and roles delivered to perfection...a definitive horror movie in my view.

The Eye:
In actuality a very recent rendition and a glimmer of hope for the genre in this time of teen slasher trash.My main disatisfaction with this movie though is,is not that it's a bad movie,it's that Tom Cruise has purchased the rights to it an is planning on a US remake.Never the less it will be hard to leave a sour taste in those who've sampled the original's mouthes.Subtitles will sway a vast audience from this Chinese title,which is a pity because they'll be missing out on one helluva treat.In my mind the best horror movie that the world has seen in the last decade.Diverse plot,a good sense of characterisation,masterful visual appeal and the most out and out paralyze with fear scare moment in God knows how long...stroke of genius in my mind.

So those are my picks...now tell me yours?
Old 25 Jul 2003, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

stephen kings IT scared the shit out of me as a kid gave me nightmares The Others also scared me The Shining was also good cant really think of any that in this day in age can trully affect people
Old 25 Jul 2003, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

The Shining..Halloween was pretty good too..
Old 29 Jul 2003, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
punished by Exo indefinitely for trying to stalk and for being a dork

Fallen Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fallen Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Fallen Angel

Black Sabbath - Boris Karloff -- an absolute genius.
~"The earth is full of kings and queens. They'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Kurt Cobain didn't make it... and left behind a generation of tortured souls. heed this warning."~
<center>
<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 9pt; background-color: black; font-weight: ; color: darkblue">
<option>Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box</option>
<option></option>
<option>She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak</option>
<option>I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box for a week</option>
<option>I was drawn into your magnet tar pit trap</option>
<option>I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn back</option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>I've got a new complaint</option>
<option>Forever in debt to your priceless advice</option>
<option></option>
<option>(Hate)</option>
<option>(Weight)</option>
<option></option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet</option>
<option>Cut myself angel's hair and baby's breath</option>
<option>Broken hymen of your highness I'm left black</option>
<option>Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back -</option>
</select>

<center>

<center>I am now complete

Old 29 Jul 2003, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Halloween was my fav
followed by The Shining and Psycho(the original not the POS remake)
honorable mentions also go to The Blair Witch Project and Striptease

Old 30 Jul 2003, 01:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I liked The Ring. I thought that movie was great. I've heard that the Japanese version, Ringu, was better. I would like to see that one as well, but have yet to come across it anywhere (not that I go to video stores a lot)....
Old 30 Jul 2003, 02:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I'd let you borrow mine but you never return any of my other DVD's....ya bastard

Old 30 Jul 2003, 02:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I really lked The Others,what a weird ass movie that was....
Old 30 Jul 2003, 02:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by ASSHOLE
I'd let you borrow mine but you never return any of my other DVD's....ya bastard
If that was to me, my poor ass doesn't even have a DVD player so your DVDs are of no use to me either way. Besides, what do you mean OTHER DVDs?!?! I have never EVER borrowed one to begin with
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Yeah Stick I'd go for saying that Ringu was a helluva lot better than The Ring,meh that's western sensibility for you...they be dumbshits.On a side note people should look for "Rasen",it's notoriously difficult to find with english subtitles mind you but it's the original sequel to Ringu,not the movie that's available now to buy but the original sequel which was released directly after Ringu was in Japan,it bombed because it sucks monkeynuts on a whole new level but fans of the series should have a look for it anyway,call it a collectors piece if you will.By all accounts it is terrible but worth seeing because it was grabbed off shelves everywhere at the directors request ala Kubrick w/ Clockwork Orange.Considering it's nothing like the original whatsoever and even used stock footage of the first movie to add returning characters in their it at least gets a laugh out of you.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Infamous
If that was to me, my poor ass doesn't even have a DVD player so your DVDs are of no use to me either way. Besides, what do you mean OTHER DVDs?!?! I have never EVER borrowed one to begin with
yeah stolen is more like it