ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Canada sucks? Sorry, Peter Griffin, but you're wrong. Family Guy SUCKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Victim of the Crossface

CrossfaceVictim is on a distinguished road
Default Canada sucks? Sorry, Peter Griffin, but you're wrong. Family Guy SUCKS

Family Guy is the most overrated television show I have ever seen.

There are so many stupid references to movies, shows, and bands that I have never even heard of. Who the fuck is Kay Ballard? What the hell is the movie The Money Pit? Simon and Garfunkel? Sorry, I didn't grow up in the 60's. Shake & Bake commercials from the 80's? Who in God's name were Donna Dixon and Roy Clark? Who the hell are the Jerky Boys?

Hey Seth McFarlane (Producer), maybe you haven't realized this yet, but the vast majority of people who watch your cartoon show are TEENAGERS. We did not grow up in the 60's, 70's, or 80's. We grew up in the 90's. How the hell do you expect us to catch your references?

I'm glad Family Guy was cancelled because quite frankly, it sucked. There's no other way to put it.

Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

ILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to ILove Christian

not to be mean but....I didn't even read your thread, Family Guy is funny
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

I believe this needs to be moved to the entertainment forum.

Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Your a fucking retard. Family Guy is one of the best cartoons ever. And that episode was just on today...
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I agree...Family guy was one of the best Cortoons to come out since the early Simpsons...

And YES this should go to the entertainment forum..
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

For what it's worth it was a good cartoon, now admins, supers or ryan move this, thank you.

Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Dude don't take it so seriously,Family Guy kicks ass
Old 15 Jul 2003, 09:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Family Guy blows chunks, but I still don't see any point to this thread, especially in OT.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 15 Jul 2003, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Why is this thread in OT? God I hate idiots...
Old 15 Jul 2003, 10:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Family Guy is one of the best cartoons ever made. I have the boxset and iI never get tired of watching it.

You my friend are just an idiot.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Victim of the Crossface

Please. You morons only laugh at the spelled-out humor.

There are are so many references and historical characters at the ends of jokes. How are you supposed to understand them?

Accept the fact that Family Guy sucked and that The Simpsons is far superior. At least the producers are smart enough to know that they need to appeal to today's generation.

Old 15 Jul 2003, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Victim of the Crossface

Oh, I see! I'm speaking out to a bunch of thick-headed teenage morons taught by America's school systems.

This would explain why nobody else has said anything intelligent yet.

Old 15 Jul 2003, 10:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Hey dooshbag. Connecticut is in the US last time I checked and two people that disagreed with you are from Canada. I think that Crossface killed some braincells.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 10:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by CrossfaceVictim
Oh, I see! I'm speaking out to a bunch of thick-headed teenage morons taught by America's school systems.

This would explain why nobody else has said anything intelligent yet.
Look buddy, it's a matter of opinion. Just because you do not understand the humor doesn't mean that other people don't.
And has anyone in this thread argued the fact that Family Guy is superior to the Simpsons? No, so shut the fuck up and take your bitching somewhere else.
Old 16 Jul 2003, 02:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally posted by CrossfaceVictim
Please. You morons only laugh at the spelled-out humor.

There are are so many references and historical characters at the ends of jokes. How are you supposed to understand them?

Accept the fact that Family Guy sucked and that The Simpsons is far superior. At least the producers are smart enough to know that they need to appeal to today's generation.
My God man, hasn't it dawned on you that the cartoon was not designed for teenagers and people in their early 20's? That it could possibly be built for people in their late twenties and above? That perhaps the references and the jokes were actually written for those who would understand them because they were there? Damn man, not everything on TV is specifically geared towards your age brackett