ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Stone Temple Pilots frontman Joins Up With Former GNR Band

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jun 2003, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade
Default Stone Temple Pilots frontman Joins Up With Former GNR Band

Scott Weiland Gets Official Nod To Lead Ex-GN'R Members

Announcement comes three days after Weiland pleaded not guilty to drug charges in Burbank, California, following an arrest last month.

by Jennifer Vineyard

Scott Weiland (Photo: Jason Campbell)

After months of auditions and wavering between top contenders, the group known simply as the Project featuring ex-Guns N' Roses members Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum has finally decided upon a singer. Stone Temple Pilots frontman

Scott Weiland officially gets the coveted singer spot, according to the Project's spokesperson.

Although a name for the band has not yet been chosen, one of several possible names being volleyed about in a band meeting recently was Velvet Revolver, according to a source close to the Project.

Weiland announced himself as the singer in mid-May, which the band at the time said was premature, since no contract had been signed. Sources close to the band also said there needed to be a resolution to the singer's rehab issues. But Weiland had long been considered to be in the lead, despite that frustration, and had recorded two songs with the band for films a cover of Pink Floyd's "Money," which can currently be heard in one scene and in the closing credits for "The Italian Job," and an original song called "Set Me Free" for "The Hulk," the soundtrack for which hits stores June 17.

"Set Me Free" which leaked onto the Internet late this week has already started getting radio play on WBCN in Boston, where they're fielding requests for the track.

The only known live performances by the band with Weiland on vocals were staged during a presentation for film studios at the band's rehearsal space in April and during a filming of an electronic press kit for "The Hulk" in May. After the film studio presentation, the band received several requests to contribute songs to movies as far off as 2004 (see "Slash/ Duff/ Matt Coming Soon, Axl Nowhere In Sight").

The announcement comes three days after Weiland pleaded not guilty to drug charges in Burbank, California, following an arrest last month on two felony counts of possession of heroin and cocaine (see "Weiland Pleads Not Guilty To Drug Charges, Offers To Go To Rehab").

According to sources close to the band, the Project had been trying to help the singer lessen his risk of a relapse, including exploring options such as rehab, methadone treatment, 24-hour supervision and martial-arts programs that would require mental discipline. Weiland volunteered to attend a rehab program before his next court date, which was set for July 11. He faces up to a year in county jail if convicted.

Before starting up with the Project, Weiland had begun work on his second solo album with producer Josh Abraham, and the Stone Temple Pilots remain on hiatus, according to the group's spokesperson.
Old 05 Jun 2003, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I wonder how 'money' is going to sound. I know it won't be as good as the original though.
Old 05 Jun 2003, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Actually, if anyone has an mp3 of either song, I'd love to check it out.

And I bet Slash tears up some solos on money.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Last edited by Exo; 05 Jun 2003 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05 Jun 2003, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Opening Act

G-freak is on a distinguished road

I am a big GNR fan and seeing as the GNR will be coming out with their new album (which I personally can't wait for),it will be cool to see these to bands feud.