ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Spike files lawsuit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jun 2003, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

the fuck Spike files lawsuit

CNN is reporting that Spike Lee has filed suit against Viacom for the name Spike TV, saying the name made people believe he was involved and he had never given consent to use his name. "The media description of this change of name, as well as comments made to me and my wife, confirmed what was obvious--that Spike TV referred to Spike Lee." The Judge ordered Viacom to explain why it shouldn't be banned from using the name. Lee has filed affidavits from former Senator Bill Bradley and actors Ossie Davis and Ed Norton saying when they heard the name, they thought Lee was involved with the network.

Old 04 Jun 2003, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

I think Spike Dudley should sue TNN also!!!
Old 04 Jun 2003, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

yeah, I heard about that last night. Pretty lame. I seriously doubt it has much merit in court, and there's nothing legally trademarked or binding about Spike as a name. Lee's just hurting for attention.

And how come you posted this here instead of Entertainment?

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 04 Jun 2003, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

LOL, what the fuck is the point of that? Spike Dudley works for WWE, who in turn is on TNN (future Spike TV). So wouldn't that possibly hurt Spike and the WWE int he long run to sue Spike TV or whatever they're suing?

I mean, I could understand if Spike was a top name and top draw for the WWE, but's a nobody LOL. This is pointless.
Old 04 Jun 2003, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^Spike lee, the director.

lol, not spike dudley, I don't even know what his real name is.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 04 Jun 2003, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

i got an idea, they should have a TLC match between Spike Dudley and Spike Lee and the winner gets to determine if TNN will be Spike TV
Old 04 Jun 2003, 04:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
XDS said in post # :
^Spike lee, the director.

lol, not spike dudley, I don't even know what his real name is.
LOL, oops. I guess I jumped to conclusions from the title and skimmed the report LOL. Spike Lee and Spike dudLEY, maybe that's what I was thinking? LOL, oh well. I'm a moron
Old 04 Jun 2003, 05:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
STICKzophrenic said in post # :
LOL, what the fuck is the point of that? Spike Dudley works for WWE, who in turn is on TNN (future Spike TV). So wouldn't that possibly hurt Spike and the WWE int he long run to sue Spike TV or whatever they're suing?

I mean, I could understand if Spike was a top name and top draw for the WWE, but's a nobody LOL. This is pointless.
LMAO

I liked it! jumping to conclusions..what a laugh!
Old 04 Jun 2003, 10:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Drug Lord

Tombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock's

Quote:
dogcatcher said in post # :
i got an idea, they should have a TLC match between Spike Dudley and Spike Lee and the winner gets to determine if TNN will be Spike TV
Good point, but it's useless. The match would be fixed by Vince and surely Spike Lee (non-wrestler) would win. LOL.