ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge ..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 May 2003, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mr Canada is on a distinguished road
Default Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge ..

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge(Please don't move this to meeting of the minds), and where is the knowledge we have lost in information??

Let's look at these 3 things, information, knowledge and wisdom.
Now...here are some perhaps subjective terms

Information-just that.."information", is nothing unless applied, when it becomes applied in a certain way (ie..a robber enters a store u are working at, and u have a silent alarm u can hit...this can save u (Barring he doesn't kill u)..u hit it, all goes well...and this becomes "Knowledge"-information being applied and being productive.

Now, Wisdom would be the reflection of this knowledge.....kind of a deeper insight to the knowledge thatwas originally information...but how much of this gets lost along the way??

Old 31 May 2003, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

I read the whole post and yet the words don't form sentences in my head.... weird....
Old 31 May 2003, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

yeah, too much philosophy
Old 31 May 2003, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

meh to serious of a post and my knowledge went where the whiskey did, i get paid, laid and drunk so fuck knowledge i know what i need to know

Old 31 May 2003, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Ange Gothique said in post # :
meh to serious of a post and my knowledge went where the whiskey did, i get paid, laid and drunk so fuck knowledge i know what i need to know
LOL,man...I was just like that when I was 16 too!!
I mean,I did the whole rebillious-conforminists thing man.....but I found it was pointless..."u know what u need to know"..elaborate man, what makes u think "u know what u need to know"..."fuck knowledge"?That is funny..coming from a guy who prides himself on having a great deal of indy wrestling knowledge.

Old 31 May 2003, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

16? LMFAO yeah several years ago

Old 31 May 2003, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

I don't believe you lose wisdom as you gain knowledge...You gain wisdom by apllying that knowledge....That wisdom is always there...But other forms of human nature intervene and cause situations where you do not aplly your wisdom to a certain situation....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 01 Jun 2003, 12:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
like a pimp

pimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster ever

The wisdom is always there. We just can't always call on it soon enough, especially when it begins to build up. Usually afterwards, it comes to us, which creates a new form of this wisdom. The human brain contains so much worthless shit, that older things can be "forgotten" unless a strong retrieval cue is presented. Happens all the time.

Scrotum, Scrotum, It's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's the thing i keep my testes in. It's wrinkly and crinkly and covered in hair and i don't know what i'd do if it wasn't there. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin.
Old 01 Jun 2003, 04:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

you lose wisdom when you lose wisdom teeth
Old 01 Jun 2003, 04:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Drk~ngl

LMFAO ^^^^ must be the codeine that's making me laugh at something I would normally scratch my nu...head with and go wtf

Old 01 Jun 2003, 07:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
pimpinthebox said in post # :
The human brain contains so much worthless shit
mm can't say that I agree with that,small instances of recollection are what make up the mind as a driving force.How many more times you recall an afternoon from your childhood seems infinite,however misconceptions about for example that very afternoon or say a ball game you watched with friends is their for recollective purposes and more often than not can be so anti-trivial that you could not imagine your very existence without having such memories..naturally a ball game is a poor example but it's valid enough to make my point I think.As for loosing wisdom,well I'm of the ideology that we cannot lose wisdom,wisdom is something we acquire through time and effort concentrated on individual display..wisdom of a soothsayer or any other label you wish to place it on,is gathered and stored..for one being the beneficiary of the knowledge they acquire.Yes we're all the wiser as we progress (or dumber depending on how many brain cells we kill with alcohol etc etc) through life,we learn from our mistakes,in that I say that we never lose wisdom,we can only gain it.But that's just my take on it.
Old 01 Jun 2003, 12:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Tyler Durden said in post # :

mm can't say that I agree with that,small instances of recollection are what make up the mind as a driving force.How many more times you recall an afternoon from your childhood seems infinite,however misconceptions about for example that very afternoon or say a ball game you watched with friends is their for recollective purposes and more often than not can be so anti-trivial that you could not imagine your very existence without having such memories..naturally a ball game is a poor example but it's valid enough to make my point I think.As for loosing wisdom,well I'm of the ideology that we cannot lose wisdom,wisdom is something we acquire through time and effort concentrated on individual display..wisdom of a soothsayer or any other label you wish to place it on,is gathered and stored..for one being the beneficiary of the knowledge they acquire.Yes we're all the wiser as we progress (or dumber depending on how many brain cells we kill with alcohol etc etc) through life,we learn from our mistakes,in that I say that we never lose wisdom,we can only gain it.But that's just my take on it.

You take a very emperical outlook on it (which is a good one in my opinion).You seemto believe the root of individuality comes from our experiences, would that mean our experiences come from knowledge?Would this mean that al experience come from information(weather it be along drawn out process....or something that happens in milliseconds....like let's say that"You see a car come towards u....u move out of the way...the car avoids u"..this information ...that became knowledge, that became wisdom..and wisdom evoloved into EXPERIENCE...which is what makes an individual a unique ,dynamic being.

I mean, I can't really say anything in the brain is useless...look at everything that exsists in our concious (spl?) memory..now, think of everything that exsists in our subconcious...that is the stuff that makes us what we are...it's not what we already realize about ourseleves, it's the stuff that we DO NOT know about our own wants,needs and experiences that makes us the people we are.

Old 01 Jun 2003, 12:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
like a pimp

pimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster ever

Quote:
Tyler Durden said in post # :

mm can't say that I agree with that,small instances of recollection are what make up the mind as a driving force.How many more times you recall an afternoon from your childhood seems infinite,however misconceptions about for example that very afternoon or say a ball game you watched with friends is their for recollective purposes and more often than not can be so anti-trivial that you could not imagine your very existence without having such memories..naturally a ball game is a poor example but it's valid enough to make my point I think.
The things that are recollected are important to future instances, but there are so many things that happen in our lives that are never called upon or even subconsciously considered that these experiences seem to be wasted. Everything that you have took notice of for more than a couple seconds is in your long term memory and most of it serves no purpose, it's just something the brain does.

I guess you could take the stance that all these things make up who we are, but i don't buy that. Most of it is built into our genetic makeup.

Scrotum, Scrotum, It's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's the thing i keep my testes in. It's wrinkly and crinkly and covered in hair and i don't know what i'd do if it wasn't there. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin.
Old 01 Jun 2003, 04:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Quote:
Mr Canada said in post # :

You take a very emperical outlook on it (which is a good one in my opinion).You seemto believe the root of individuality comes from our experiences, would that mean our experiences come from knowledge?Would this mean that al experience come from information(weather it be along drawn out process....or something that happens in milliseconds....like let's say that"You see a car come towards u....u move out of the way...the car avoids u"..this information ...that became knowledge, that became wisdom..and wisdom evoloved into EXPERIENCE...which is what makes an individual a unique ,dynamic being.

I mean, I can't really say anything in the brain is useless...look at everything that exsists in our concious (spl?) memory..now, think of everything that exsists in our subconcious...that is the stuff that makes us what we are...it's not what we already realize about ourseleves, it's the stuff that we DO NOT know about our own wants,needs and experiences that makes us the people we are.
Yeah I suppose empirical would be one way to describe it,but root of individuality..no no no,I have no misconception's there.In my mind individuality is nothing more than trying to describe the unatainable,I do not believe that we are in any form individualistic..that's why we stereotype and label as a society.because it's easier to group people rather than deal with them as something that reverberates change from the "normal",however you see "normal" of course is up to you.And once again I say no..wisdom is not drawn in my view from the basic instinct of do what we must to survive,avoiding an oncoming car is not built from wisdom,it to me is built from the underlying in the psyche..the basic neccessity to go on living..avoiding this car is instinctive,we take what we must in our stride..avoiding conflict unless pressured is the way human's are wired up.And the last part..well I'll pretty much agree with that,finding out what we are capable of is the route we choose or deny..finding out what lies behind us is the way to undertsanding,which I do suppose does garner wisdom..or perhaps knowledge,take that idea how you see fit.
Old 02 Jun 2003, 12:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

i'm not even going to bother to read that...this sounds like one of those MTOM threads