ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Re-release of ALIEN to include deleted scenes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 May 2003, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Re-release of ALIEN to include deleted scenes

Film website reports some, if not all, deleted scenes will be restored

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dateline: Tuesday, May 27, 2003

By: PATRICK SAURIOL
By: News Editor
Source: FilmJerk

The FilmJerk website is reporting that the October re-release of Ridley Scott's classic monster movie ALIEN will include some, if not all, of the picture's deleted scenes. The site's sources also say that the film's soundtrack will be remastered. As we reported earlier, our sources told us that Fox is intended to promote ALIEN as a special event film this fall; FilmJerk confirms this news by adding that the picture will play on over 2,000 screens.

While the film's deleted scenes have been available on the ALIEN laserdisc and DVD for some time, this will be the first time they will be included into the flow of the storyline. Among the scenes removed include the crew of the Nostromo playing the audio recording of the Space Jockey's warning message; Lambert assaulting Ripley outside medbay; a frightened Lambert calling out to Ripley and Parker from the Nostromo's bridge; and the most talked about deleted scene where the ship's last survivor, Ripley, discovers what really happened when the Alien captured Captain Dallas and engineer Brett. If Scott had left this scene in the original release of ALIEN, it's safe to say James Cameron's sequel wouldn't have been the same it turned out to be.

FilmJerk also reports that should the re-release of ALIEN prove popular, there are tentative plans to include the deleted scenes from Cameron's ALIENS and create a theatrical special edition version of that 1986 film.

***I've watched Alien over and over...I have the movie...But have never seen the deleted scenes...I also own Aliens...Which I like alot more...But has anyone seen this "specific" deleted scene...In which Ripley finds out what happened to Dallas and Bret...Damnit I need to know...What does she see...***

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 28 May 2003, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

was just about to post this..kinda...

was basically gonna say
Alien is being rereleased in 2000 theaters nationwide on October 3 and 12 minutes of scenes that were left on the cutting room floor will make their way to the final cut

Old 28 May 2003, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Meh, Never seen the original alien flicks. Not into horror much i guess!

Old 28 May 2003, 11:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

The first Alien movie is considered one of the scariest movies ever made. Id love to see it in theaters since I've only seen it on TV and DVD. I've seen the deleated scenes of Dallas and Slash, I really don't want to ruin it for you, but it's creepy as fuck. It's best to wait for the release to see it on the big screen
Old 28 May 2003, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I've seen alien and aliens a million times. I've only seen the deleted scenes from aliens though. I've been meaning to pick them up on DVD so maybe I'll wait till after the rerelease.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 28 May 2003, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Alright thanxs Ryan...I guess I will see it in theatres...I owe it to the film....I'm just such a big fan...I want to know...This hasn't got me goin' since the talk of a Alein DVD Box Set with the "Supposed" David Fincher Alien 3 Director's Cut that was said to be ALOT different than what we have all seen...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....

Last edited by Slash; 28 May 2003 at 07:42 PM.
Old 28 May 2003, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

James Cameron's "Aliens" was the best of the series. IMO, every other film was overrated.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 29 May 2003, 07:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

I know what it is... but what's the major story to it!