ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Rubber Nipples

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 May 2003, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade
Default Rubber Nipples

Joel Schumacher Talks Batman Franchise
Thursday, May 22, 2003 6:19 CDT

Moviehole talked to director Joel Schumacher today and Batman came up...

You've worked with huge budgets and you've worked with peanuts. Does working with no money force you to become more imaginative? And does a big budget bring its own set of problems?

Uh-huh. You've brought up a very good point. It wasn't so much a problem on Batman Forever, because the studio's approach to offering me the Batman movies was Batman Returns had finished the franchise. Someone's always ruining the franchise for them. They felt the franchise was dead because a lot of audiences were very unhappy with Batman Returns and the merchandise didnt sell and theatres didnt want Batman any more. I literally had to go around and talk to theatre owners and distributors and merchandising people to whip up excitement about a new Batman movie. In the end we got very lucky because it was the number one film of the year.

Val and Nicole and Chris O'Donnell and Jim Carrey...the salaries we all got for Batman Forever were so small because it was a whole new group and some of them hadn't become superstars yet. We all worked for so little money and had such a great time. It was maybe the most modest Batman theyd ever made, financially, and maybe the most profitable. Then everyone got very greedy. I've only been involved in something like this once, and it was on Batman and Robin. On Batman and Robin, they threw money at us - as one of my best friends says, 'The devil always comes with the biggest cheque'. And I take full responsibility for what happened.

I haven't seen it yet, but I notice that a lot of people are being very unkind about The Matrix Reloaded. You don't realise the pressure youre under because now youre expected to be a hit. The first Matrix, we all discovered it. And you get points for getting discovered. But the minute you're a hit and you're rich and famous, youre looked at differently. That's the difference with a big budget: you're expected to get a lot of asses in a lot of seats. And if you think differently, youre out of your mind.

Darren Aronofsky, a wonderful director, called me about a year or so ago. He said he'd like to make a Batman movie and asked me what I thought about it. I said, 'Darren, Id love to see your take on that but let me tell you something: if you think they're going to let you make Darren Aronofsky's small, dark, personal Batman movie, forget it'. Because the movies may make hundreds of millions of dollars but the merchandise makes billions. That's where the money is.

Source: www.superherohype.com
Old 24 May 2003, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Schumacher is right when he speaks about how Bat-Man cannot become the Dark Knight Frank Miller sought out in the 80's...But it doesn't mean I have to like it...Bat-Man Returns may have not been a Box-Office Smash...And Forever may have....But when you judge each story on its own merits...IMHO Bat-Man Returns comes out of it a winner...

Schumacher killed Burton's visoin...Which was the closest to Miller's that anyone had got...Schumacher is just tryin' to justify the shitty movies he made...Let's not forget he totally fucked over Bane in Bat-Man and Robin...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 26 May 2003, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Quote:
Slash said in post # :
Schumacher killed Burton's visoin...Which was the closest to Miller's that anyone had got...Schumacher is just tryin' to justify the shitty movies he made...Let's not forget he totally fucked over Bane in Bat-Man and Robin...
Agreed!