ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

All is Lost

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2003, 09:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default All is Lost

After 7 Years and over a hundred great episodes....Buffy has aired its final episode

They went out with a bang tho...
Some main characters died, final battle scene which rivalled many movies(LOTR),the oh so familiar Banter from Buffy past, and best of all Joss Whedon came back to write the final episode

so discuss it here...thoughts,comments
also Post your favorite Buffy moment

Old 21 May 2003, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I'd have to say this was my favorite(though I never saw it) for two reasons.

1st) It was the last episode and I won't have to hear people nerding about the series any more... or at least as much.

2nd) Some cast members died... though I'm not sure who died, it was probably a few that deserved it.
Old 21 May 2003, 09:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kryptonite

hmmmmm 7yrs of episodes says something...perhaps that the show was worth renewing over and over again
the fact that they literally begger series star Sarah Michelle Gellar to come back again should say something too
the fact that this show has some of the most devoted fans also should say something

and if none of that does, then you can go to the critics who praised this series from its creation, the many other shows that tried to copy its style, the fact that it has inspired a spin off series Angel and has an animated series and regular spin off being developed, the fact that it has spawned books and magazines, and is one of the best selling TV series released on DVD

but I suppose one who likes people to think he's "Evil" and "Superior" to others would only watch pretentious pseudo-intellectual programming like Discovery Channel .....its a shame really.

Old 21 May 2003, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Positively Page said in post # :
hmmmmm 7yrs of episodes says something...perhaps that the show was worth renewing over and over again
the fact that they literally begger series star Sarah Michelle Gellar to come back again should say something too
the fact that this show has some of the most devoted fans also should say something

and if none of that does, then you can go to the critics who praised this series from its creation, the many other shows that tried to copy its style, the fact that it has inspired a spin off series Angel and has an animated series and regular spin off being developed, the fact that it has spawned books and magazines, and is one of the best selling TV series released on DVD

but I suppose one who likes people to think he's "Evil" and "Superior" to others would only watch pretentious pseudo-intellectual programming like Discovery Channel .....its a shame really.
Oooooo...looks like I made somebody mad. Geeze dude it's just a TV show no need to get bent outta shape about it. I wonder if you're one of the jerks that cired at the end of the last episode that I heard about... so sad really

If you think that all that crap and having a loyal fan base makes a GOOD show then I have two words for you... Star Trek. Star Trek set the standards for all scifi shows of this era, luanched three spinoff series and how many movies? ... and it sucked. Good ratings and countless seasons doens't make it a good show. Hell, people liked "Growing Pains"*shudders* doesn't make it a good show.

Last edited by Mr. Hostility; 21 May 2003 at 09:58 AM.
Old 21 May 2003, 10:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

You must have watched...its doubtful you could have talked to many who have seen it since it was less than 24 hrs ago

and for the record..no crying...the last episode actually pissed me off...thought that it could have been better..personnally think they destroyed the entire mythos of the show...but oh well cant change it

Old 21 May 2003, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Quote:
Positively Page said in post # :
You must have watched...its doubtful you could have talked to many who have seen it since it was less than 24 hrs ago
I actually have no idea what day Buffy airs. I've seen three episodes max and thought they sucked.

And yes, I watch Discovery and History channel often, I refuse to play patsy to an entertainment industry who wants me to believe that the exploits of a bubbly blonde who goes to school by day and fights vampires by night is more important than how the world works and what is happening in it.

So no, I didn't watch it... but you forget, I work with some sad people. So sad infact they cried at the end. I refused to listen to the reason for their tears, all I knew is that I had to get away from them as fast as I could.

Last edited by Mr. Hostility; 21 May 2003 at 02:31 PM.
Old 21 May 2003, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^LMAO. some ppl can't even get over the title of the show. I wish you knew what you were talking about Ryan. But even from Vince McMahon - To those who get it, nothing needs to be said, and to those who don't, nothing will change their mind

or something like that.

Anyway, Buffy was the best I've seen in a few weeks. I didn't get off on the whole birthing of all the slayers aspect, and I thought it was a waste to kill Anya for really, not much reason (cept the whole now she's a human and wants to fight for them thing, but I don't really want to get into that). The principal shoul've been killed off or at least die in Faith's arms or something. He sucked. All the Slayeretts don't really have much meaning to me.

But, It was kick ass when Buffy was talking bout cookies. That was like the old days. That kind of dialoge was what made the show so great. Spike was the hero finally and was great to see him go out the way he did, but I thought he was going to be on Angel? Willow becomes a goddess was cool. Kenedy was cool. That fucking worthless Dawn should've just been shut up. Giles was great, specially when they were talking about what to do tomorrow. That was old times right there also.

I could prolly write a freakin book on my thoughts on Buffy. I named my cat Buffy for fucks sake. That show was just a great part of my life. Even when everyone thought I was a loser for watching it, till all my friends came around and found out how kick ass it was.

Long live Buffy.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 21 May 2003, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

so who exactly died
Old 21 May 2003, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Quote:
XDS said in post # :
^LMAO. some ppl can't even get over the title of the show. I wish you knew what you were talking about Ryan. But even from Vince McMahon - To those who get it, nothing needs to be said, and to those who don't, nothing will change their mind

or something like that.

Anyway, Buffy was the best I've seen in a few weeks. I didn't get off on the whole birthing of all the slayers aspect, and I thought it was a waste to kill Anya for really, not much reason (cept the whole now she's a human and wants to fight for them thing, but I don't really want to get into that). The principal shoul've been killed off or at least die in Faith's arms or something. He sucked. All the Slayeretts don't really have much meaning to me.

But, It was kick ass when Buffy was talking bout cookies. That was like the old days. That kind of dialoge was what made the show so great. Spike was the hero finally and was great to see him go out the way he did, but I thought he was going to be on Angel? Willow becomes a goddess was cool. Kenedy was cool. That fucking worthless Dawn should've just been shut up. Giles was great, specially when they were talking about what to do tomorrow. That was old times right there also.

I could prolly write a freakin book on my thoughts on Buffy. I named my cat Buffy for fucks sake. That show was just a great part of my life. Even when everyone thought I was a loser for watching it, till all my friends came around and found out how kick ass it was.

Long live Buffy.
I wouldn't have said anything if I hadn't at least saw the show a fews times Exo. So yeah, I have a good idea what I am talking about thank you. Just because I didn't watch the show religously doen't mean I have no voice here. The show wasn't that great, but if you wish to worship the show, by all means go right ahead. Hell, let's go ahead and call everything the WB puts out great programming and call an end to intelligent civilization while we're at it.
Old 21 May 2003, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

^You are cynical aren't you. Buffy moved to UPN. I really don't know why it matters what channel it's on anyway but whatever you feel like ranting on. Smackdowns on the same channel so...

And Anya, Spike and some slayer girls died.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 21 May 2003, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

They killed Spike?? He was the only character on that show I actually liked... DAMN THEM DAMN THEM ALL!!!
Old 21 May 2003, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

yeah, Sucks Supremely!

Old 21 May 2003, 04:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
KrAyzie

MiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to MiZTaCCen

Was it suppost to be two hours or one?

well anyways if it was two hours i saw the last hour. I was kinda bored, but over all I thought it was a great ending. it sucked that only 2 main characters died tho.
Old 21 May 2003, 05:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

It was only an hour. I thought it might be 2 also, but it wasn't. And yeah, more main ppl should've died. It seems stupid to kill Anya just for the sake of killing her. They should've killed the principal and ooooooo I really wish they killed that little brat Dawn.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 21 May 2003, 06:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

It was an ok show,nothing big to me.I only watched one episode and thought it was alright.

The only show I was watching last night was the season finale of Smallville...I did not like seeing Lana cry