ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Who has made the biggest impact on MUSIC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 May 2003, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default Who has made the biggest impact on MUSIC

the Thread title is the topic....

Post the name of the person(s) who has had the biggest influence on the music Industry....

Old 17 May 2003, 02:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
punished by Exo indefinitely for trying to stalk and for being a dork

Fallen Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fallen Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Fallen Angel

Johnny "Man In Black" Cash, single-handedly revolutionized the country music genre, completely shifting a mere dull alternative of Dixie-Blue Grass favortism, which totally flooded the market during that era, into a more interpretive folk implored scene, without question we now know as 'root rock', many influences of yesterday would not have seen the light of day, if not for the stubborn determination of one man, leaving a path many still follow even to this very day, simply unheard of back then.

Inspiring an unlimited amount of vast talent, many of whom are well known artists, even if legendary in their own right, one of which mark Sex Pistols... so if it was not for the bold and frontier vision of a one Mr. Cash, which shamelessly flirted rock & roll with the country music standards... through his powerful songs or leaving shades of blues enriched melodies, creating controversy and breaking new ground simultaneously; leaving few without artistic boundry... dare I say... "the birth of punk", many imitated but never quite as successful, but many indeed will still pay tribute.

So begins a new legacy, even before it's rise within the mainstream... "Punk" (yes punk, see Sex Pistols above^) became the very core of yester-year, once again proving the after-effects Johnny Cash left in the wake, influencing daring new artists to take music to a whole new requiem, Sex Pistols namely just one of them... which helped propel the genre to house-hold status, and through their vulgar more appealing methods of reaching a new more vibrant generation, in the process becoming THE primary reason, for such a driving force behind not so long ago modern acts... Nirvana, The Ramones, The Doors; basically if not all of alternative hiarchy... a genre so loved yet so flourished... it's the mistress that became a scorned but (successful) widow of this very business, thus it has become the back-bone of this industry as we all damn very well should f*ckin' know it.

need I really say anymore? didn't think so.

now there is an alternative for almost every flavour of musical taste, but I still cringe at the thought... on how life would be without the "Man In Black"... thank god not in this life, well that sums it up.

wait a minute, oh yeah... there was this dude named Elvis, can go on... but don't want to bore you to death... OK to make a long story short, his legacy now resides within mainstream fodder, and NO... I don't watch VH1 (anymore heh), thank you very much.

So if that did not answer your question, 'get out more'.
~"The earth is full of kings and queens. They'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Kurt Cobain didn't make it... and left behind a generation of tortured souls. heed this warning."~
<center>
<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 9pt; background-color: black; font-weight: ; color: darkblue">
<option>Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box</option>
<option></option>
<option>She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak</option>
<option>I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box for a week</option>
<option>I was drawn into your magnet tar pit trap</option>
<option>I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn back</option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>I've got a new complaint</option>
<option>Forever in debt to your priceless advice</option>
<option></option>
<option>(Hate)</option>
<option>(Weight)</option>
<option></option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet</option>
<option>Cut myself angel's hair and baby's breath</option>
<option>Broken hymen of your highness I'm left black</option>
<option>Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back -</option>
</select>

<center>

<center>I am now complete

Old 17 May 2003, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

ICP! ICP! ICP!!

They showed the music industry that a group could still sell millions of records without being played on radio, MTV or Much Music!!
Old 17 May 2003, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
STEVE BOSTON said in post # :
ICP! ICP! ICP!!

They showed the music industry that a group could still sell millions of records without being played on radio, MTV or Much Music!!
Good choice

You can say that about TONS of bands.

See this is what happens when you get these threads. Bunch of peope that pick bands from the 90's...The only band you can probably pick from the 90's is Nirvana.

Chamber knows what their talking about.

I'll name a few...

Black Sabbath- They created metal.
The Beatles
Old 17 May 2003, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

With out being Biased..........IMO These are the ones......

Elvis - Hes Elvis
THe Beatles - BeatleManis
The Jacksons - Best selling Black Group
Michael Jackson - Best selling artist....with the biggest album in the world to this day "Thriller"
Stevie Wonder - Blind Musician
Moddona - Pushed the sexual Envolope
Eminem - Best White Rapper the Millineums Elvis
Bee Gees - Best Disco with there soundtrack to Sat Night Fev being the second best selling Album of all time second to Thriller.
Babyface - One of the best Song Writers has written for many many people.
Sean Combs - The sampling king.
Tupac - Rap Legend
Marylyn Manson - If you can single handedly be blamed for kids shooting a school up then your music has a huge impact.
Ozzy - Do I have to Explain why?
Mettellica - Tried to take Napster down LOL not to mention one of the best all time sales of Metal Bands.
Niel Diamond - The latter day Babyface.
Jim Stienman - Wrote for Meatloaf
Meatloaf - Sang Jim Stienmans masterpieces and starred in Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Vanilla Ice - Brought White Rappers on the map regardless of what Eminem says.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Old 17 May 2003, 09:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kryptonite

So many bands have sold millions without the benefit of MTV MTV has only been around for around 20 yrs...and music has been around for MUCH MUCH Longer.

and ICP suck, they have had no influence on the music industry

Old 17 May 2003, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
KAMMY KAM said in post #5 :
With out being Biased..........IMO These are the ones......

Elvis - Hes Elvis
THe Beatles - BeatleManis
The Jacksons - Best selling Black Group
Michael Jackson - Best selling artist....with the biggest album in the world to this day &quot;Thriller&quot;
Stevie Wonder - Blind Musician
Moddona - Pushed the sexual Envolope
Eminem - Best White Rapper the Millineums Elvis
Bee Gees - Best Disco with there soundtrack to Sat Night Fev being the second best selling Album of all time second to Thriller.
Babyface - One of the best Song Writers has written for many many people.
Sean Combs - The sampling king.
Tupac - Rap Legend
Marylyn Manson - If you can single handedly be blamed for kids shooting a school up then your music has a huge impact.
Ozzy - Do I have to Explain why?
Mettellica - Tried to take Napster down LOL not to mention one of the best all time sales of Metal Bands.
Niel Diamond - The latter day Babyface.
Jim Stienman - Wrote for Meatloaf
Meatloaf - Sang Jim Stienmans masterpieces and starred in Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Vanilla Ice - Brought White Rappers on the map regardless of what Eminem says.

Thats all I can think of right now.
Wow... go KAM. You missed a few, very few though. I'm impressed.

Two more to add to that list are:

Black Sabbath: the Godfathers of Metal. Without them to inspire so many today, Rock would have died with the hair bands.

Iron Maiden: Led the second British rock invasion(The Beatles being the first) and pushed the "British Steel" sound to the mainstream.

Quote:
Kurt Angle said in post #6 :
So many bands have sold millions without the benefit of MTV MTV has only been around for around 20 yrs...and music has been around for MUCH MUCH Longer.

and ICP suck, they have had no influence on the music industry
LOL... hell yeah they suck. I think they've got ONE song I can listen to without wanting to eat a bullet.
Old 20 May 2003, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The Beatles

or

Mozart.

take your pick.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 20 May 2003, 02:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fallen One

The Cheat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
KAMMY KAM said in post # :
Funny you should mention this, as those kids were not Manson fans. At that time rivet heads like them them would not be caught listening to Manson. They were more fans of real industrial music like Pop Will Eat Itself and KMFDM, so much that they had the lyrics to Sun of a Gun and a PWEI song written on their walls.

If they were such big Manson fans why didn't they wait a week, catch the Manson show coming around, then kill the school? Not once did they even say they were fans of Manson's music, and no proof was ever found.

KMFDM took the blame hard on themselves though, canceling their tour and even breaking up the band for a few years over it.
Old 20 May 2003, 02:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fallen One

The Cheat is on a distinguished road

Oh, and I will throw out Venom, the band who started the Black Metal scene that will blow up next year in the states, as Cradle already broke the Billboard 200, and no doubt the placement on Ozzfest's second stage and the deal with Sony will throw them into the mainstream.
Old 20 May 2003, 10:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Can't believe no one has even mentioned Hendrix.

Well I say Hendrix but I won't go into why cause I'm sure you know.
Old 21 May 2003, 12:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Knoxville said in post # :
Can't believe no one has even mentioned Hendrix.

Well I say Hendrix but I won't go into why cause I'm sure you know.
LOL I knew I forgot someone.........but Ahhhh Haaaaaaaaa Heres another knobody has mentioned...........

Pappas Got a Brand New Bag - James Brown
Ike and Tina Turner - Brought us Rock and Roll Spousal Abuse

Old 21 May 2003, 01:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
STEVE BOSTON said in post # :
ICP! ICP! ICP!!

LMFAO

Okay, sure it's a nice message. One of optimism and morals. But how exactly are they influencing people?
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 21 May 2003, 01:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Hey BTW, I can't believe Kracker forgot to mention Nirvana/Kurt Cobain. The group that set the standards for people like Green Day, Offspring, and all those other grudge bands that I might be able to list if I actually followed faggy grunge music.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 21 May 2003, 01:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Quote:
CHRISTIAN said in post # :
Hey BTW, I can't believe Kracker forgot to mention Nirvana/Kurt Cobain. The group that set the standards for people like Green Day, Offspring, and all those other grudge bands that I might be able to list if I actually followed faggy grunge music.
Flaming in Entertainment? And racial no less? But we all know you have your head up O R .........um Rocks super mod butt so nothing will happen.

Anyways Im not a Nirvana fan so yea I forgot him.....I mean I can see how people would like such a group and worship a singer who has it all then blows his brains out. Yea he made an Impact.

How bout Motown? Anyone see the new movie all about Motown? Deep!!!