ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Do you think it's time for a change?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 May 2003, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Do you think it's time for a change?

As many of you know OT, hell all of PWF, seems to have hit a slump. Posters are leaving by the truckload and the posters we still have left don't post much? Many of you have brought up good points as to why this is and what can be done about it:

The right people in the right places: Many of you have expressed concerns about a few of the mods here. Some say that the right people are not in the right places. Mods who regularly break the rules are in power and abusing their power on a daily basis. That by removing a few of them, things would defintately get better around here since it is the abusive mods who chase everyone away.

Too many forums: As many of you have noticed, PWF has a fucking assload of forums in which to discuss many things. But do we have to many? PWF has nearly 20 different forums if you count the subforums. Does having this many forums thin things out too much? Do you think things should be reorganized? How so?

Enforcment of policy: Many of the posters here have expessed resentment that mods now have the ability to ban posters from their forums. Though I have found it useful when dealing with dipshits, posters have said on many occasions that some mods use this ability too freely and ban whoever they don't like.

PWF is nothing without the posters and therefore this thread is for all of you... How do you think we can fix things for the better? What forums need to go and what forums should stay?
Keep things civil people, there will be no fighting. And try to stay intelligent about things here. I don't want to see "Make me a mod!" anywhere in this thread. I'll delete the post if I do.

Last edited by Mr. Hostility; 16 May 2003 at 02:23 PM.
Old 16 May 2003, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Most of the people who leave PWF say it's because of all the spamming and flamming so I say we do something about that.

Also I think we should advertise more. Either send some posters to spam at other forums to promote PWF or let another forum (like WZ or PW) advertise their site here and so that in return they'll allow us to advertise at their sites using banners, pop-ups or pm's or sumthin lol.
Old 16 May 2003, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Formerly Mighty Mutt

Nacho Taco is on a distinguished road

Dump some of the forums. Remove some of the mods who got their spots solely by being here a long time or kissing proper butts.

Slow down on the individual forum banning. Use it only when extremely necessary (like rampant spamming or flaming) but leave alone the "Screw you, you're an asshole" type posts. I mean, this is a message board not a school. Part of the fun is screwing with other posters.

Eliminate the double standards. We all know certain posters have been given far more leniency than others in the past.

Just my one cent...

Please at least have the decency to inform me of who you are and why you gave them to me, you inconsiderate jerk. Thanks.

Old 16 May 2003, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
PWF SUCK

hot women-should be gone, if u wana see a sexy diva in a thong,pannies or somethin go to a website, theres tons of images,thumbs with ladies in thongs looking sexy!

hot guys-just like i said up there, go to a website
to see guys in there boxers,underwear,etc
if u wana get rated pm someone to rate you,
hot guys should be gone also

announcements-theres never any announcements there
its a waste of space, it should be gone

contest-this forum should be gone,theres never anything
posted there,theres 1 thread in there that was posted
in november and its still there. and thats real sad
delete contest!!!!!!!

creative writting-that forum should have a new mod
juggalo aint doing nothing to make that forum interesting
like "freestyle","wrestling storylines"poet", contest
atleast on sg forums which im moding wwe,book this, creative writting , i have a freestyling tournament going on right now.
juggalo aint doing nothing like that, if he aint gona do nothin
about it, the forum should be deleted or make new mod!

wwe forum-i dont know why that forum dosent get much post like wz, and pw, maybe because it has raw/smackdown and general forums! stop posting so much wwe news slash/ex.!!!

thats all i'll say for now

Old 16 May 2003, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Just merge all the forums together, ALL of them, into OT. Discontinue the boot option. I've been booted from so many forums it's not even funny. Most of my boots, like the one in WCW/ECW and Entertainment, were not justified. Be more lenient when it comes to spam......a couple creative spam threads is no reson to ban or complain about somone who has the potential to be a completely contributional poster.

Besides that, there's nothing more I can really say. A lot of the reasons people either leave or significantly cut back is because a lot of the long-time PWF'ers, like myself, have seen it all, done it all, and replied to every single type and topic of thread imaginable.

All we can all do is hope and pray some quality NEW POSTERS (not alters or old-posters attempting to make a comeback)

NEW POSTERS come along......

to save this site. Until then, we can all sit on our soapbox, watch as the few posters we have left post about 5 new threads total in one regular day, as we sit back and watch PWF plunge into an unprofitable obscuirity.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 16 May 2003, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
aka Mind Freak

Sarah is on a distinguished road

I am not leavving because of mods posters or anything of that sort...work is ending I am going on my vacation for a few months and just may not return unless I have somehting to say or to pm people, its not anyone at all so my perspective is completely different...i don't have a purpose on these boards.

My dearest Ash, we will be together very soon. I love you very deeply. Until our time comes I will be waiting for you.

I am now complete
Old 16 May 2003, 02:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fallen One

The Cheat is on a distinguished road

Well the wrestling industry is dying from Vince McMahan thinking that soap opera is the way to go. This means less people watch wrestling, thus not many people are hunting down wrestling boards.

That being said this is a smaller board, so even less people are going to head to here. So what can be done? Make the main board better. Start having more people cover smaller feds, and have columns and stuff. Make a real indy section, I am sure Ice will be more than glad to do this. With a nice indy area with seperate areas for Puro and US indy wrestling, we can get all the people who hit a few sites for the daily news to start coming here as a one stop place. Once this is done, start advertising. This way, at the very least you can attract indy fans here. WWE fans arn't worth trying to attract with news as most of them know to hit the bigger site for constant updates, but these big sites lack in indy and Puro stuff.

Next make new columnists. Make a statement on the main page and in the WWE forum that those who can provide good columns in the forum will earn spots on the main page. This will lure people on sites like PW who wish to become a columnist over, and encourage them to post high quality stuff in hopes to get on the main page. This will help the main page, and the WWE forum both at the same time.

Finally you really want people to come here, you need indy and japanese tape reviews. The net is severely lacking on these and I am sure with proper advertising and good reviewers, this site could become the best place for tape reviews.

To improve the forums, you have to improve the main page, as people won't sign up for the forums if the main page is such that they have no reason to return there.
Old 16 May 2003, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Tig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the rough

Remove Sweet Tooth from OT mod, remove Forgotten Sin as Gaming Mod, remove Kurt Angle as Entertainment mod, remove Bloodice from Sports mod.

That's all for mod changes.

As for forum changes, i like the way it is now. I don't feel like any should be removed/merged.

I like the fact that mods can ban posters from their respective forums, because like Ryan said it is useful, but there ARE mods who abuse the option. If we got rid of the mods i mentioned above, i think it would help cut down on those abusers.

If someone flames in the OT, or any other forum outside the WZ, give them a warning instantly. Don't just ban them without thinking. 2nd time flaming, results in a 24 hour ban.
Old 16 May 2003, 02:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

Thanks for the forum to speak our minds Ryan.

I do think some mods don't deserve to be mods. Some never seem to be around doing their job, while other mods pick up the workload of the lazy, non-exhistant co-mod they have.

There is more than likely too many forums, but I feel if you combined alot of the forums you would see numbers drop off. Say if you merged Entertainment with OT, I could easily see all of the Entertainment posters stop posting about Entertainment stuff since their threads would be pushed off the first page of OT by some of the garbage that some people make threads about. You understand what I'm saying?

Yes, some mods abuse their banning power. I feel if a mod bans someone, 1 of 2 things should happen.

1. First there must be a valid request by a poster to have somone banned. Then before the poster in question is banned, the request must be seconded by another poster with a valid reason. Then I feel the mod should ban the poster in question.

or

2. If a mod bans somone, then he/she must give a valid reason as to why the poster was banned. If they cannot give a valid reason, then the poster should be allowed back into the forum, and adminstrative action should be taken against the irresponsible mod.

thats about all I have to say at this time.

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
Old 16 May 2003, 02:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Hey TICK, jumping off the topic for a second here, who did you used to be?
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 16 May 2003, 02:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
aka Mind Freak

Sarah is on a distinguished road

And on a note, I think the majority(if not all, which it may be) of the mods are doing the best that they can, and I understand all of us make mistakes, you know. That is one reason I would not want to be a mod because damn if you do and damn if you don't you just do the best you can and sometimes make mistakes, its part of being human. There are people who do feel like me and leave for that reason...they just don;t see a purpose as far as poting on a board anymore unless something catches their attention or what. Every board has its ups and downs just give it all time. in addiiton I actually agree with the first paragraph that The Cheat has stated...its part of the reason for not having a purpose on these boards anymore.

My dearest Ash, we will be together very soon. I love you very deeply. Until our time comes I will be waiting for you.

I am now complete

Last edited by Sarah; 16 May 2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 16 May 2003, 02:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
PWF SUCK

people that shouldnt be mods: NWA dude he has like 40 post, and why the hell is he mod? he dont do shi* to help history
get post

juggalo shouldnt be mod anymore, hes been moding cw for
like 6 months now? hes lazy and thats true
i told him to delete a post which was spam in my changes
thread and he didnt even do it!

Old 16 May 2003, 02:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

Tig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the rough

marbles, i was tig_bittes/afficial.
Old 16 May 2003, 02:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
THE TICK said in post # :
remove Bloodice from Sports mod.
Bloodice and I switched forums. He got entertainment and I took over sports with Rebel....
Old 16 May 2003, 02:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
PWF SUCK

I DONT THINK ITS FAIR THAT SOME MEMBERS ARE MODING
MORE THAN 1 FORUM