ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Irv Gotti Breaks Silence, Speaks On Investigation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2003, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Irv Gotti Breaks Silence, Speaks On Investigation

Murder Inc. head isn't scared of the government...

Murder Inc. CEO Irv Gotti isn't afraid due to the current federal investigation into his label's affairs and possible ties to drug money.

"I know what I did and I know if I did anything wrong," Gotti told MTV. "It's crazy to get all this attention when I've done nothing wrong except be friends to people."

"What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger, and I'm still breathing," added Gotti. "They can throw the kitchen sink at me. The only way they can stop me is they gotta stop me from going to the studio. It's a funny thing, with all this, I resort back to the basics. With all the [craziness], I'm in the papers every day, I'm on MTV every day, every 15-minute newsbreak. But I don't look at the papers, I don't watch TV. I go in the studio and I listen to music. Music calms the savage beast and it makes me so focused."

As for all the talk of Murder Inc. slipping off the rap map due to feuds with power acts like 50 Cent and Eminem, as well as the feds, Gotti says this:

"I see it differently. I hear all the chitter chatter. I don't like it, though. I don't like being investigated for no particular reason. I don't like beefing with other black artists. I don't like it. I'm going through it, cool. But when people write Murder Inc. off, I see it differently. I see that Murder Inc. is on everyone's mouth. I see that Murder Inc. is the topic of every conversation out there, be it good or bad."

Credit: MTV
Old 14 May 2003, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

More Details Exposed In Murder Inc. Federal Investigation

Label apparently wrote checks to drug kingpin...

Prosecutors are now saying that hip-hop label Murder Inc. financed their recent straight-to-video movie, Crime Partners, with drug money provided by New York drug kingpin Kenneth McGriff. McGriff is friends with Murder Inc. owner Irv Gotti. McGriff was listed as a co-producer of the movie.

Federal agents have learned that "McGriff's drug cash was delivered to various video shoots for the 'Crime Partners' movie," and that the money "would be used to pay for various movie expenses," the complaint said.

Murder Inc. parent company, Island Def Jam, wrote McGriff a $500,000 check advance for the soundtrack to Crime Partners.

The official complaint is asking the court to freeze all funds that came from Crime Partners.

The complaint is part of a full blown investigation into Murder Inc. Prosecutors are hoping to prove that Murder Inc. is full of drug money and has ties to Kenneth McGriff, who some say is the real owner of the label.

Credit: Billboard

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 17 May 2003, 12:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Are you saying that drug money could fund a RAP record label??

No Way!!!
Old 17 May 2003, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Next someone will say only good rock songs are written by Rock Stars that are under the influence of drugs and alcohol!!