ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Maguire Reveals True Story Behind Spider-Man 2 Delays

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2003, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Maguire Reveals True Story Behind Spider-Man 2 Delays

Admits he was fired from sequel...

Tobey Maguire has admitted that he was fired from Spider-Man 2 for what was labled "inappropriate behavior" before being brought back to the film.

"I feel like I learned a lesson," he tells the Los Angeles Times. "The movie is the most important thing."

Maguire got in trouble when he started to make demands about the Spider-Man 2 production schedule due to pains in his back (which came from an injury he suffered while filming Seabiscuit). Instead of giving in to demands, Columbia simply dropped Maguire from the movie. Producer Laura Ziskin and director Sam Raimi also grew upset about Maguire not coming to them with his problems.

"A lot of this problem comes from me not having gone to them personally and trying to resolve it," he says. "I'm glad I got to look these people in the face and say, 'I'm really sorry. I'm going to do whatever it takes.'"

Columbia was ready to go forward and hire actor Jake Gyllenhaal to take over Maguire's role until Maguire's girlfriend, Jennifer Meyer, got involved and talked her father, Universal chief, Ron Meyer, into getting involved. He pulled a few strings and got Maguire back into the film.

Maguire's contract was changed though. It included clauses that stated he stay in shape and pass a physical, as well as potential financial cuts if he failed to complete his obligations on time.

"I'm just glad it worked out," Maguire says. "I'm glad I got to look these people in the face and say, 'I'm really sorry. I'm going to do whatever it takes.' "

Spider-Man 2 is now set to be released on July 2, 2004. Two months after it's original May 7, 2004 date.

Credit: Zap2It, LA Times
Old 13 May 2003, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default Re: Maguire Reveals True Story Behind Spider-Man 2 Delays

Quote:
The Outsider said in post # :
Admits he was fired from sequel...

Tobey Maguire has admitted that he was fired from Spider-Man 2 for what was labled "inappropriate behavior" before being brought back to the film.

"I feel like I learned a lesson," he tells the Los Angeles Times. "The movie is the most important thing."

Maguire got in trouble when he started to make demands about the Spider-Man 2 production schedule due to pains in his back (which came from an injury he suffered while filming Seabiscuit). Instead of giving in to demands, Columbia simply dropped Maguire from the movie. Producer Laura Ziskin and director Sam Raimi also grew upset about Maguire not coming to them with his problems.

"A lot of this problem comes from me not having gone to them personally and trying to resolve it," he says. "I'm glad I got to look these people in the face and say, 'I'm really sorry. I'm going to do whatever it takes.'"

Columbia was ready to go forward and hire actor Jake Gyllenhaal to take over Maguire's role until Maguire's girlfriend, Jennifer Meyer, got involved and talked her father, Universal chief, Ron Meyer, into getting involved. He pulled a few strings and got Maguire back into the film.

Maguire's contract was changed though. It included clauses that stated he stay in shape and pass a physical, as well as potential financial cuts if he failed to complete his obligations on time.

"I'm just glad it worked out," Maguire says. "I'm glad I got to look these people in the face and say, 'I'm really sorry. I'm going to do whatever it takes.' "

Spider-Man 2 is now set to be released on July 2, 2004. Two months after it's original May 7, 2004 date.

Credit: Zap2It, LA Times
Yeah...Tobey was being a bitch....no one named Tobey should ever act like a Bitch...with that name they just have no right

Old 14 May 2003, 01:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

sounds like the ultimate warrior syndrome lol a little too much success before he was ready i mean come on what is he going to stand out more the guy who played spiderman or the guy who did the voice for lou in cats and dogs
Old 14 May 2003, 01:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Spiderman sucked anyways. It was boring as hell and they picked the fuckin Green Goblin as the villain? Fuckin lame. Where the hell are Carnage and Venom, ya know the kick ass villains that people actually give a shit about?
Old 14 May 2003, 06:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
STICKzophrenic said in post # :
Spiderman sucked anyways. It was boring as hell and they picked the fuckin Green Goblin as the villain? Fuckin lame. Where the hell are Carnage and Venom, ya know the kick ass villains that people actually give a shit about?
Finally someone who hates it! I thought I was the only one. Everyone I talk to said they loved it. I don't know how though.
Old 14 May 2003, 07:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Rebel said in post # :

Finally someone who hates it! I thought I was the only one. Everyone I talk to said they loved it. I don't know how though.
LOL, my girlfriend and I watched it at her house (like 5 or 6 months ago) and we made stupid little sarcastic comments most of the way through when we realized it wasn't gonna get any better lol. If it wasn't for us making fun of it, that movie would have been more boring than what it was LOL
Old 14 May 2003, 12:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Kara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICKKara is a STICK

well I heard venom is supposed to be in part 2 but the rock might be playing him maybe him and bonesaw could tag up lol
Old 14 May 2003, 07:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kryptonite

number 2 has Doc Ock and possibly Black Cat and The Lizard

**No Rock, thank God...No Venom, maybe in 3**

Old 14 May 2003, 09:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Well...The problem with Venom is...They A.) Fuckin' run through Secret Wars in like two minutes to explain how he got the symbiote...Or B.) They totally disregard the comic book (Like they did in the first shit-ass movie) and make a completely different plot...

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 14 May 2003, 09:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Well...The problem with Venom is...They A.) Fuckin' run through Secret Wars in like two minutes to explain how he got the symbiote...Or B.) They totally disregard the comic book (Like they did in the first shit-ass movie) and make a completely different plot...
they did kinda remake Spiderman didnt they?

Built in web-shooters? pissed me off
making Mary Jane Gwen Watson-Stacy? pissed me off
Green Goblin having robotic Armor? pissed me off
list goes on

yeah totally agree with the horrible idea of Venoms origin being breezed thru

Old 14 May 2003, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Yeah...I agree Kurt...The reason The Green Goblin is the most hated villain of Spidey...Was because he killed Gwen Stacey and it eventually led to Spider-Man killin' the Goblin'...It just had a great emotional factor to it...

There's one part in the movie I believe where the Goblin is belted with fruits and vegetables by New York Civilians..I got nothin' against New Yorkers...But...Stan...What the hell were you thinkin' when you produced this...

Our hero Spidey needs help from bums against his supposed greatest foe ever...It makes me question the Super-Hero craze that has had a domino effect because of Spider-Man's success...

9 Times....
Old 14 May 2003, 09:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
There's one part in the movie I believe where the Goblin is belted with fruits and vegetables by New York Civilians..I got nothin' against New Yorkers...But...Stan...What the hell were you thinkin' when you produced this...

Our hero Spidey needs help from bums against his supposed greatest foe ever...It makes me question the Super-Hero craze that has had a domino effect because of Spider-Man's success...
you know why thats there right?...same reason they took out the Twin Towers scene from the teaser...
Basically that was the year of sucking New York's cock

Old 15 May 2003, 05:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

LOL....Good point!

9 Times....
Old 15 May 2003, 02:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

I dont understand what all the shit is about around this movie. I thought the first one was horrible, it did not interest me in the least.

Changing lead actors is just stupid, I mean look what it did to the Batman series.
Old 16 May 2003, 06:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

So who's going to play the next Spider-Man??

George Clooney??