ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

What lurks in the shadows?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default What lurks in the shadows?

Ok...I've posted many threads in the Entertainment forum...some of them related to Horror movies

Oddly enough most of them get responses saying "That sucked", "The concept sucks", etc etc

SO my question is ...
What DOES scare you? If you were making a scary movie what would it be about? a
also Part 2 of this is PLEASE name a movie that actually does/did scare you

Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

what would scare me is if i was drunk and outside and Tracey PRO from PW popped out from behind a tree in my yard..that would be some scary shit.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
aka Mind Freak

Sarah is on a distinguished road

the only movie to ever scare me (which I was very young) was the first time i saw halloween. That is a classic. Other than that nothing really scares me.

My dearest Ash, we will be together very soon. I love you very deeply. Until our time comes I will be waiting for you.

I am now complete
Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

not scared of scary movies...i like horror movies...i am going to watch the ring cause i haven't seen it yet...but i want to see house of 1000 corpses..and some other horror movie that is coming out
Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
dogcatcher said in post # :
not scared of scary movies...i like horror movies...i am going to watch the ring cause i haven't seen it yet...but i want to see house of 1000 corpses..and some other horror movie that is coming out
The Ring was kinda cool...good concept, check out the Japanesse version its based on "RINGU" first if you can its kinda interesting....Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses, my advice is wait til the DVD, the movie was supposed to be NC-17 but the studio wouldnt release it so they had Rob butcher it somethin fierce, wait for the DVD with the deleted scenes

Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
aka Mind Freak

Quote:
Kurt Angle said in post # :
The Ring was kinda cool...good concept, check out the Japanesse version its based on "RINGU" first if you can its kinda interesting....Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses, my advice is wait til the DVD, the movie was supposed to be NC-17 but the studio wouldnt release it so they had Rob butcher it somethin fierce, wait for the DVD with the deleted scenes
the ring was a good movie but not scary in my view. 1000 corpse i haven;t seen it yet

My dearest Ash, we will be together very soon. I love you very deeply. Until our time comes I will be waiting for you.

I am now complete
Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I think many of the movies that get released "COULD" be good scary movies.
Most of the time there is a good concept but the follow thru is lacking,while many are slasher flicks and nothin more

also I think the psychological aspect of the horror movie is more important than the actual shock value of the blood and dead bodies....IMO Blair Witch was one of the better horror movies of the last 30 yrs...good concept , great advertising, decent follow thru

Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
aka Mind Freak

Quote:
Kurt Angle said in post # :
I think many of the movies that get released "COULD" be good scary movies.
Most of the time there is a good concept but the follow thru is lacking,while many are slasher flicks and nothin more

also I think the psychological aspect of the horror movie is more important than the actual shock value of the blood and dead bodies....IMO Blair Witch was one of the better horror movies of the last 30 yrs...good concept , great advertising, decent follow thru
true. I mean you never see the witch yourself but you know she is there.

I am now complete
Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

wonder what will happen when identity comes out...oh and i thought about it...if Tracey pro was even in the same town as me it would be scary.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 02:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Scary movies don't really bother me, but when it's like realistic gore stuff like private ryan or something, that bothers me the most, cause you know that shit happened for real, and it's way more terrorfying(sp?) than anything made up.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 23 Apr 2003, 03:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
aka Mind Freak

Quote:
XDS said in post # :
Scary movies don't really bother me, but when it's like realistic gore stuff like private ryan or something, that bothers me the most, cause you know that shit happened for real, and it's way more terrorfying(sp?) than anything made up.
sometimes seeing is believing (I agree though I have never experienced that sort of thing). Make me think of some of our tropps and the wars that have passed. I could never imagine experincing such a thing and I wouldn;t want to but you have to to what you have to do.

I am now complete
Old 23 Apr 2003, 03:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

I think right now dogcatcher is lurking in the shadows stalking me...