ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

better server?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2003, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

skylight has disabled reputation
Default better server?

should pwf get a better server or is this one just fine?

the load on this server is pretty high, the cpu is pretty much being utilized 100% at any given time. its enough to hold pwf, but not much room to grow.

a better server's cost would increase $30 a month, and a big one time fee of $200 for the upgrade.

i duno. post your thoughts.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

Would we notice the changes?
Old 20 Apr 2003, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

A better server would be cool with me, as long as it didn't make it a paysite for us (the posters). If you can afford it, then that's cool. It would be nice for PWF to grow, because we really need more members. Is there any way for you to add PWF to search engines or whatever?
Old 20 Apr 2003, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
****** By *************s Again

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer

Yeah i dont want to have to pay. But sure if itll help then go for it
Old 20 Apr 2003, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Saddam Hussein said in post # :
Yeah i dont want to have to pay. But sure if itll help then go for it
hmm, i wonder if anybody would pay to post here? im gonna start a thread on that and see.

btw, yeah a new server would be nice, if you dont mind the increase of course KPWF, but then again, things seem pretty smooth lately.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

skylight has disabled reputation

--Not right away no, no differences. It will probably be a little faster. This server can handle about 100 users online at the same time, the better one can handle about 250.

--Nah, I dont plan on stooping as low as making the site a membership site like some other sites *cough*weforums*cough.* PWF is submitted to 500,000 search engines every week.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 09:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Just so long as the new server doesnt work out like the one PW got, which is what caused all of us to come here when the site first opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Old 20 Apr 2003, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

I think a new server would be a good thing then.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 09:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fallen One

The Cheat is on a distinguished road

Yeah man, this server is stable now, make sure the new one is too, as the PW server craps out about 50% percent of the time I try to go on.

I expect growth here as many people are leaving PW for this site, and I see a lot of new faces here from there. So do what you have to do. My advice would be to wait till it is needed. When the server shows the first signs of problems do the move, moving when you don't need may just be a waste of your cash.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 10:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

If it will allow me to have Sigs and AVs enabled. I can already, but it takes forever to load when they're enabled. For some reason, this site loads all of the images before it opens the thread which I really hate. As long as it's not a paysite, I'm all for it... but only if you can afford it, Kev.