ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Mtv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Apr 2003, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default Mtv

MTV in its original conception was the greatest marketing scheme to hit the entertainment industry. An entire network of music videos ...genius. When it premiered it was only in certain areas, soon America cried out I WANT MY MTV.Cable companies responded and MTV became one of the fastest growning stations in history. A new generation was born...the MTV generation.

Soon tho the young station realized that they couldnt possibly fill all the time in the day with music videos. There is only so many times people want to see a Rod Stewart video. So different programs were born...Headbanger's Ball, YO! MTV Raps, amongst others. While these shows were great in their own ways Headbangers ball showcased Rock music while YO! MTV Raps introduced rap music to white America, they also encouraged MTV to experiment with other shows.Soon MTV began to stray away from the original concept of a music video network and became more of a pop culture station.

Over the next couple of years many new things were introduced, some good (Beavis and Butthead, MTV movie Awards, MTV Video Awards, Ben Stiller, Jon Stewart, etc...) and some bad(Pauly Shore, TRL, The Real World, Jesse Camp). Soon MTV had replaced most of their programming time with television shows rather than the music videos that made them famous. If you wanted to see your favorite videos you were out of luck unless they placed in the top 10 most requested videos on TRL,and if you aren't a fan of pop music you're pretty much screwed. Even if your video happened to place you were forced to watch the 30 second clip that MTV decided to show of it and most of the time with people speaking over it.

MTV became the breeding ground of the short atteniton span. An entire network dedicated to people who cannot sit still for 30 minutes. MTV must have realized it had become untrue to its original concept because they started a second channel MTV2.
MTV2 not an original concept but good nonetheless showed nothing but music videos.Now MTV2 has started the slow turn to the darkside they now show the making of the video specials,MTV Diary, amongst other things...

MTV has brought us many things which can be recognized as good
but an overwhelming number of things which can only be seen as horrible.Agree with me or Disagree but you must acknowledge that MTV has made an impact on American...if not the world Society

Old 19 Apr 2003, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

sorry shoulda been in Entertainment...can somebody move this for me

Old 19 Apr 2003, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shatter-Star

too late

Old 19 Apr 2003, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Shatter-Star said in post # :
too late

you are constant disappointment Star...maybe you could try actually responding to something rather than just calling it SPAM...nevermind thats beyond you
I was looking for intelligent responses and thats something you are vastly underqualified for

Old 19 Apr 2003, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

MTV has made an impact with some good stuff, but I wish they would have stayed true to their original concept. I think the only time they show videos anymore is afterhours when everyone is asleep. Most of the shows that they have don't even have anything to do with music and completely suck.

I say that Mike Judge and MTV should bring back Beavis and Butthead. That show kicked so much ass.

One show that they have right now that I am diggin, is Punk'd. That show is funny as hell. I just caught the first episode last night where they Punk'd Justin Timberlake, he looked like he was about to cry. That shit was funny as hell. I don't know how long the show will be around though, because people will start to recognize the pranksters (Dax and Al) and won't get Punk'd anymore.

MTV should get back to it's roots and at least have a timeblock during the day where they show music videos, and not just al the poppy manufactured mainstream bullshit.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Shatter-Star

its funny, pretty much the only thing i read of that post is the short attention span part...

Old 19 Apr 2003, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Psycho STICK said in post # :
MTV has made an impact with some good stuff, but I wish they would have stayed true to their original concept. I think the only time they show videos anymore is afterhours when everyone is asleep. Most of the shows that they have don't even have anything to do with music and completely suck.

I say that Mike Judge and MTV should bring back Beavis and Butthead. That show kicked so much ass.

One show that they have right now that I am diggin, is Punk'd. That show is funny as hell. I just caught the first episode last night where they Punk'd Justin Timberlake, he looked like he was about to cry. That shit was funny as hell. I don't know how long the show will be around though, because people will start to recognize the pranksters (Dax and Al) and won't get Punk'd anymore.

MTV should get back to it's roots and at least have a timeblock during the day where they show music videos, and not just al the poppy manufactured mainstream bullshit.
Punk'd is pretty funny and they could keep it goin for a while all they have to do is bring in some new people to do the prank...but since its funny and enjoyable MTV will let it die

Old 19 Apr 2003, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I hate MTV so much. Every time I turn it to the station they have all these bullshit music videos on. Well any music station sucks now. Music video's are just for shit pop bands.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 01:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Rebel said in post # :
I hate MTV so much. Every time I turn it to the station they have all these bullshit music videos on. Well any music station sucks now. Music video's are just for shit pop bands.
channel called Much Music USA hates MTV probably as much as you do..they play a wide variety and lots of Rock

Old 19 Apr 2003, 01:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Kurt Angle said in post # :
channel called Much Music USA hates MTV probably as much as you do..they play a wide variety and lots of Rock
I have noticed that lately. I'm starting to Like MM USA more and more. Too bad the Canadian Much Music only shows pop and rap.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 01:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Rebel said in post # :

I have noticed that lately. I'm starting to Like MM USA more and more. Too bad the Canadian Much Music only shows pop and rap.
sorry bro...USA is mostly Rock and Rap

Old 19 Apr 2003, 03:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
sorry bro...USA is mostly Rock and Rap
I know thats good. I like rock. Sorry if I didn't explain myself right.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
KrAyzie

MiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to MiZTaCCen

had mtv once and never watched it again after that.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 03:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
like a pimp

pimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster ever

Quote:
Punk'd is pretty funny and they could keep it goin for a while all they have to do is bring in some new people to do the prank...but since its funny and enjoyable MTV will let it die
The past couple days, i've turned on mtv a few times and almost every time i turn it on, Punk'd is on. They seem to playing it till we all get sick of it.

Scrotum, Scrotum, It's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's the thing i keep my testes in. It's wrinkly and crinkly and covered in hair and i don't know what i'd do if it wasn't there. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin.