ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

how much will the movie make....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2003, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shatter-Star

Default how much will the movie make....

lets just guest how much some of these movies will make its opening weekend

x-men 2 - 82 million

matrix reloaded - 76 million

2 fast 2 furious- 65 million

hulk - 78 million

thats alot, but those are suppose to be the block busters

Old 21 Apr 2003, 07:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Shatter-Star

bump

Old 21 Apr 2003, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I think Hulk might make more then you have up there. The second fast and the furious will probably make less. Hell it wouldn't even make anything. The first one was pretty sad. Your probably right about x-men. And I expect The Matrix to make more.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I would expect the Matrix to top the list there. X Men 2 should make alot, maybe a little less than what you have there. Fast and the Furious 2 making 65 mill? lol, give me a break, that movie is gonna be a piece of shit.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Shatter-Star

i dont know, we might be surprised what fast and furious 2 makes its opening weekend, and the matrix wont make more then what im guessing its opening weekend because its rated R

Old 21 Apr 2003, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Shatter-Star said in post # :
i dont know, we might be surprised what fast and furious 2 makes its opening weekend, and the matrix wont make more then what im guessing its opening weekend because its rated R
Its rated R? Damn american ratings are harsh.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

OK...here goes

you said OPENING WEEKEND not over all box office take

X-men 2 will probably make between 50-55 million in opening weekend

Matrix reloaded roughly 50 million

2 Fast 2 Furious maybe 30 million.....maybe

Hulk estimate 40-45

reasons
X-men only did 54 in its opening weekend ..I dont expect much more from the sequel

Matrix only did 25 in its opening weekend I figure we can expect roughly double that

take into consideration that both X-men and Matrix sequels are coming in May roughly 2 weeks apart...which will take away from the box office draw

2 fast 2 furious has lost Vin Diesel so I dont expect much from it
the first one didnt really do well in its opening and minus Vin this one pry wont either

Hulk...thats a tricky one Hulk isnt really as big as X-men or Spiderman...but Blade and Daredevil both had surprising box office numbers so 40-45 is really a fair estimate

Old 22 Apr 2003, 11:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
THE GREAT ONE

ROCKY -MCJ- is on a distinguished road

I'd say that the Matrix reloaded will easily top the list,X-2 could easily bomb once the Matrix is released..no doubt it will still bring in a vast amount but it's a wonder that it would even be regarded as a contender.

There hasn't been too much of the Hulk given away so curiousity should make this one if anything a good sleeper hit,I doubt it will topple Spider Man but then again it is Ang Lee at the front of it..should be interesting.

Fast and the furious 2..not too sure..I'd like to see it do well and considering DVD's sales I reckon it will make a huge impact even if Vin Diesel is out of the equation or not...cars can bring cash!