ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

The Project...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Apr 2003, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shoot Me Again

Head Banger will become famous soon enoughHead Banger will become famous soon enough
Default The Project...

BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

A source close to the new band formed by ex-GUNS N' ROSES members Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum has confirmed to MTV.com that STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman Scott Weiland is the top candidate to fill the singer slot in the group, presently known only as "THE PROJECT".

One sign that signals Weiland has the lead over other candidates is his inclusion on work submitted by THE PROJECT for soundtrack consideration. "They just did some songs and presented it to film companies," Slash spokesperson Arlett Vereecke said. At least one of those tracks feature Weiland's vocals.

Weiland, who was previously said to be finishing up work on his second solo album with producer Josh Abraham (STAIND, ORGY, CRAZY TOWN), is believed to be either in or about to enter a 30-day rehab program. "They're leaning toward Weiland," the source close to THE PROJECT said, "provided he wants to do it when he gets out of rehab. They're trying to reach out to help with his sobriety." Weiland's label spokesperson was unable to confirm or deny by press time whether the singer had indeed relapsed. Other singers known to have tried out for the position include Sebastian Bach (ex-SKID ROW), Kelly Shaefer (ex-NEUROTICA, ATHEIST), Travis Meeks (DAYS OF THE NEW), Mike Matijevic (STEELHEART), Pat Briggs (PSYCHOTICA), A. Jay Popoff (LIT), and Joshua Todd (ex-BUCKCHERRY).
Old 14 Apr 2003, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Damnit.....Pick Baz you bastards.... Weiland will just screw you over in the long run....Sebastain Bach has the talent...And he's serious about his performances....My personal opinion though....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Safety first, ALWAYS!

Dr. Safety is on a distinguished road

Sebastian Bach never happened, thats the way I like to remember musical history.

As for Weiland...I like the direction he was taking STP...it was expiremental, and that was fresh. They could still be cracking out the hits if they wanted to, but they are trying to avoid doing that. I can respect that.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I like old STP a lot. There new stuff isn't that great though. This new band could be really good. I can't wait to hear it.