ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Marijuana!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Apr 2003, 08:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Max Cannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Max Cannon
Default Marijuana!

Well...this is a topic that has been done before, but I also wanna get into the difference in the stigma's between the States and Canada with the pot culture.

In Canada u won't even get Jail time for simple possesion, just a fine..it's decriminalized so, it's just a fine...(Trafficking is much worse though).I find in the states the anti drug ads are just so odd, they make me laugh...I mean, there are much worse things then marijuana...liquor for god sakes cause so many more problems then marijuana...look a all the drunk driving,domestic violence,rape,all associated to alcohol..it's sad.

What do u think about it?
Old 14 Apr 2003, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
THE GREAT ONE

ROCKY -MCJ- is on a distinguished road

Well I wouldn't say that alcohol abuse has the proven statistic over the effects of pot as being more to blame for problem's.I think it simply comes down to your state of mind on the issue,it's like cigarette's or alcohol..in actuality you can drink or smoke at any age in the privacy of your own home,it's just that a five year old cannot legally buy the stuff.I'm not big on drug stat's so I can't really make a big point of reference on it but the fact of the matter is that pot is still classed as a drug eventhough to an extent it has been decriminalized.

Old 14 Apr 2003, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Quote:
Big Vin said in post # :
Well I wouldn't say that alcohol abuse has the proven statistic over the effects of pot as being more to blame for problem's.I think it simply comes down to your state of mind on the issue,it's like cigarette's or alcohol..in actuality you can drink or smoke at any age in the privacy of your own home,it's just that a five year old cannot legally buy the stuff.I'm not big on drug stat's so I can't really make a big point of reference on it but the fact of the matter is that pot is still classed as a drug eventhough to an extent it has been decriminalized.
Well...let's say u have an individual tha has some anger issues, which is more likey to make that person more aggresive..pot or liquor.

I am not saying that pot is a good thing, I am just saying that liquor and pot both intoxicate ones mind....but yet one is legal and the other is not.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
aka Mind Freak

Sarah is on a distinguished road

supposedly pot causes more car accidents than alcohol does. Weird though isn't it?

My dearest Ash, we will be together very soon. I love you very deeply. Until our time comes I will be waiting for you.

I am now complete
Old 14 Apr 2003, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Quote:
Mind Freak said in post # :
supposedly pot causes more car accidents than alcohol does. Weird though isn't it?
Hmm..odd, I think I have seen stats going both ways on that..I mean, it's probably not good to drive while on either..but u would assume that liquor would make u a little more dangerous behind the wheel.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
aka Mind Freak

Quote:
Max Cannon said in post # :

Hmm..odd, I think I have seen stats going both ways on that..I mean, it's probably not good to drive while on either..but u would assume that liquor would make u a little more dangerous behind the wheel.
exactly, though i wolnd't be one to test either factor. I wonder if this was done through a ocmparison of levels. For example was the studyconducted basd on people who were much more apt to use marijuana than those whol drink or don't do either. How "high" was the person and how much experience did the person have using such a drug. I would like to determine what the variables were in each study to have a better idea of their findings either way.

My dearest Ash, we will be together very soon. I love you very deeply. Until our time comes I will be waiting for you.

I am now complete
Old 14 Apr 2003, 09:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Quote:
Mind Freak said in post # :

exactly, though i wolnd't be one to test either factor. I wonder if this was done through a ocmparison of levels. For example was the studyconducted basd on people who were much more apt to use marijuana than those whol drink or don't do either. How "high" was the person and how much experience did the person have using such a drug. I would like to determine what the variables were in each study to have a better idea of their findings either way.
Agreed totally, It would be something that would be good to know...I might go on a little hunt for some stats....still probably not very reliable, but it would be something to go on.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
aka Mind Freak

Quote:

Agreed totally, It would be something that would be good to know...I might go on a little hunt for some stats....still probably not very reliable, but it would be something to go on.
yeah i forgot wha the technical term that was used to describe the above scenario...I think it is variable surveying or something to that affect...I have gotten to the point where I do not believe such statisical garble because of what I have learned in my former graduate courses of study. Rather interesting that an educator would learn about bias surveying and statistical daa that is somewhat obscure as far as what the truth of the matter is.

I am now complete
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I think Marijuana is a lot more dangerous. A person that drinks alcohol can control the drinking while a person that smokes weed aways comes back for more. I drink and I can stay up to 6 months sober. More time if I want to.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Quote:
Sweet Tooth said in post # :
I think Marijuana is a lot more dangerous. A person that drinks alcohol can control the drinking while a person that smokes weed aways comes back for more. I drink and I can stay up to 6 months sober. More time if I want to.
Too be honest, I can't agree totally with that.Alchol is MUCH more addicitve then marijuana....from what I have read (And have experienced to a point) addiction wise, alcohol is much more addicitve.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:

Too be honest, I can't agree totally with that.Alchol is MUCH more addicitve then marijuana....from what I have read (And have experienced to a point) addiction wise, alcohol is much more addicitve.
It depends on the person. I drink and if I want I can stay alcohol free for weeks even months. Weed on the other hand you always come back for it. It's like smoking tobacco.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 11:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Sweet Tooth said in post # :
It depends on the person. I drink and if I want I can stay alcohol free for weeks even months. Weed on the other hand you always come back for it. It's like smoking tobacco.
Actually I was just learning about drugs in my human behavior class and what they do to you. And if your a heavy drinker, it could cause more damage then smoking a joint every day. Weed just stuns your brain cells and doesn't kill off everything.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 12:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
I hate people

Quote:
Rebel said in post # :

Actually I was just learning about drugs in my human behavior class and what they do to you. And if your a heavy drinker, it could cause more damage then smoking a joint every day. Weed just stuns your brain cells and doesn't kill off everything.
I'm not a heavy drinker so screw that
Old 14 Apr 2003, 12:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I don't drink alcohol or do drugs so my take on both is that they're bad. I don't judge people who use them, so long as they don't try to push it on me and don't get all fucked up and do some stupid shit around me. I have seen quite a bit of bad shit happen from people who drink and from people smoke pot, and it's just something that I feel isn't worth my time.

I know not everyone drinks or smokes pot for the same reasons, and this doesn't apply to everyone just some people, but I don't care how bad my life gets, I won't drown out my problems with drugs or alcohol.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 01:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

PWF ROCK smokes a lot of weed, and he's told me about it.

He thinks people SHOULD smoke weed before driving. He feels it makes you drive slower, and a lot safer. He feels it should be mandatory. Also, hydro is good for you, and not to be considered a drug.

Damn, ROCK is so fuckin' smart.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE