ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

2003 Mtv Icon......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2003, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shoot Me Again

Head Banger will become famous soon enoughHead Banger will become famous soon enough
Default 2003 Mtv Icon......

the 20-year career of the greatest metal band will be spotlighted on MTV's annual music tribute, "mtvICON", to premiere Tuesday, May 6 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT). The show will be taped before a live audience in Los Angeles on May 3, featuring performances and testimonials from artists and celebrities who have been influenced by the band, their videos and music............

the 2003 Mtv Icon...........METALLICA

The band will perform for the first time with new bassist Robert Trujillo. "St. Anger", their first new album in five years, is scheduled for release by Elektra Entertainment on June 10, and the group will headline the 2003 Summer Sanitarium tour, featuring LIMP BIZKIT and LINKIN PARK, beginning July 4 at the Pontiac Silverdome in Pontiac, MI. The two previous "mtvICON" honorees were JANET JACKSON (2001) and AEROSMITH (2002).
Old 10 Mar 2003, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

That's sweet....Not the fact horrible bands will butcher their music....And St.Anger will most likely be the nail in the coffin as far as their career is concerned..... Funny how their career mimmicks that of AC/DC.....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 10 Mar 2003, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah sad to say that this album will probably seal their career as a band. I'd like nothing more then to see them have success with this album but the reality is that they probably wont. I've always been a big fan of Metallica, hopefully they can prove something this year with this album because if they dont then its game over, but I think they will be through regardless to how well the record does anyway.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Metallica is my favourite band. Hopefully St.Anger will be good. I really don't think it will be, but I'm still hoping it will be good.
Old 12 Mar 2003, 02:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

If metallica would stop whoreing themselves out to the rock industry to make lots of money and churning out nothing more than pop bloody ballads (for fuck sake they must have enough money by now) and return to the older style of music they used to play (huge rifts, 8 minute songs, long guitar solos).
They say times change and the music changes as well but its fucking goddamn obvious that metallicas change hasnt been for the better and if they must finish up please go back and listen to their old music and produce a new one created for the art of the music itself and not for a music industy to make more money.

Old 12 Mar 2003, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I bet the album sells 10 million copies and metallica tours for 2 or 3 years on it.

If any band can make a big deal off a crappy album, it'll be metallica. Publicity and shit'll get them everywhere they want. 100,000 seat stadiums packed full of 14 year olds who weren't even fucking born when "Kill em all" or "Ride the Lightning" and shit came out.

oh, and they'll all say metallica sold out sometime AFTER the black album.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 12 Mar 2003, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

LMAO....Exodus....How true.....Couldn't have said it better....

9 Times....
Old 13 Mar 2003, 09:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally posted by XDS
I bet the album sells 10 million copies and metallica tours for 2 or 3 years on it.

If any band can make a big deal off a crappy album, it'll be metallica. Publicity and shit'll get them everywhere they want. 100,000 seat stadiums packed full of 14 year olds who weren't even fucking born when "Kill em all" or "Ride the Lightning" and shit came out.

Hey I'm only 16, and my favourite metallica cd is Ride The Lightning. So who really cares how old you are.
Old 13 Mar 2003, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump
Hey I'm only 16, and my favourite metallica cd is Ride The Lightning. So who really cares how old you are.
Lots of my favorite albums came out before I was born, but there's a big difference between seeing a Page/Plant show vs a led zeppelin show. It's just not the same and that feeling of when metallica was so fresh and new and the whole scene was just barely alive and they brought it to the next level, the new stuff just can't compare. The emotion is gone and the thrill is gone. Now it's so opposite of where they started that it's not the same band anymore and younger fans can't ever really apreciate what it was like when it started and how different everything is now. Christ, they're prolly on trl right now or something.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 14 Mar 2003, 01:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally posted by XDS

While I probably agree with that statement. I went to a metallica concert in sydney in 1991 (during their black tour) and remember pissing myself laughing when huge groups of people would sing along to the songs off black but didnt have a fucking clue when seek and destroy or jump in the fire got played and I realised that maybe metallica's music stlyle had probably changed. And It never returned.

Old 01 Apr 2003, 06:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Shoot Me Again

Head Banger will become famous soon enoughHead Banger will become famous soon enough

Amongst the performer's at this years mtvICON honoring Metallica will be punkers' Sum 41 taking on the title track from 1986's Master of Puppets.
Sum guitarist Dave Baksh: "Metallica is like the only band I listened to for about 4 years straight. I grew up with them and to cover a most holy song like 'Master' is the ultimate honor."

Also slated to perform at this years mtvICON: Metallica:

Creed - Wherever I May Roam

Johnny Cash - Mama Said

Dave Mustaine - Leper Messiah

Slayer - Enter Sandman

Weezer - Battery/ Damage Inc. medley

Justin Timberlake - Motorbreath

The event will be co-hosted by Whoopie Goldberg & Ian Anderson.

mtvICON: Metallica Premieres Tuesday May 6 at 9:00 p.m. ET/8:00 p.m. CT

you've gotta be kidding me.....Justin Timber-fuck doing a 'tallica song? that's just fuckin wrong

Last edited by Head Banger; 01 Apr 2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01 Apr 2003, 06:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

What a fucking joke. How the hell is pretty-boy Justin Timerberlake doing a metallica song? That makes me so mad. And how the hell is Weezer doing Battery. I just don't get it. I'm suprised to see Mustaine on there though. And Creed?!?!?! The fucking SELLOUTS. ya ya you can say tallica soldout too, but these guys went from good hard rock to fucking pop radio. This mtvICON is a joke.
Old 01 Apr 2003, 06:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Dimebag Darrell said in post # :

Justin Timberlake - Motorbreath

you've gotta be kidding me.....Justin Timber-fuck doing a 'tallica song? that's just fuckin wrong
No shit, what next P. Diddy singing One???
Old 01 Apr 2003, 08:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

OMG...WTF.....God save us all....What the hell has happened to my once favourite band....Why don't they just fucking call Jethro Tull.........

9 Times....
Old 01 Apr 2003, 08:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Slash said in post # :
OMG...WTF.....God save us all....What the hell has happened to my once favourite band....Why don't they just fucking call Jethro Tull.........
I really doubt metallica picked the bands themselfs. I bet MTV picked all of them.