ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

CDs: Buying vs Burning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Feb 2003, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default CDs: Buying vs Burning

How many of you download music and burn your own CDs?

I download all of my music, and burn all of my CDs. I have 2 CDs that I paid for, and I bought those before I had a computer.

For those that download and burn, do you download entire albums? Or do download and make mixed CDs?

I do both. I find the track listings of whatever album I want, and I download all of them. If I like all the songs except 1 or 2, I will still include the ones I don't care for. If I download the album, and I only like a couple songs from it, I will delete the shit ones, and put the good ones on a mixed CD. I also download random songs I hear and like, and put those on mixed CDs as well.

Also, how many total CDs do you own, and what is the breakdown, burned and bought.

For me, it's 55 burned, and 2 bought lol.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Johnny Blitz

i burn mostly now but if it's a band i really like and wanna help then i'd buy their album.

Old 24 Feb 2003, 12:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

I burn mine, no since in buying an album if I don't like half the music on it. I spend hours a day *when i'm online anymore* burning music, but as of late i've been buying my cds because i'm never online which is a good thing not a bad thing

Old 24 Feb 2003, 01:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

I have been downloading since I got the net and had a burner for 3 years, but with dial up it would take so long to download a full CD I still purchased a fair share. (I would mostly just burn some CD's with various songs every once in a while) Now that I have cable I plan on doing more burning than before. If it's a band I really like (for example: Rascal Flatts) I will still buy the CD, but when i can get songs at 30 seconds apiece, why not save money.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 03:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
2Gangsta

download and make mixed CDs. Thats what I do. It makes No sense wasting 16 bucks on a Cd when you can get it for free

Old 24 Feb 2003, 05:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I buy all my cd's. I might have one burned full cd. I don't like the quality of a mp3. I still download songs to make a mixed cd though.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 08:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tig_Bitties

Burn. I never bought a cd in years. As for the breakdown of burned and bought, i have probably around 70 burned cd's and 90 bought. I used to be with Columbia House a couple of times.

Old 24 Feb 2003, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Serial Killin Juggalo

DeathsDisguise is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DeathsDisguise Send a message via Yahoo to DeathsDisguise

i burn full and mixed cds. no need in buying them. and the fact that you can download shit that never was released publicly is always a good thing. and underground music is way better than mainstream bullshit anyways.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
2Gangsta

The last CD I bought was ICP's The Wraith

Old 24 Feb 2003, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Gangsta
That's a waste, because The Wraith was trash. I have liked almost all of ICP's shit, but that CD was garbage.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Quiet you

Apocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-able

Ive bought most of my cds, but I just recently got a burner(one that actually works well). So Ive been burning more cds now. But if theres a band that I really like then I will still buy their cd.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Serial Killin Juggalo

DeathsDisguise is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DeathsDisguise Send a message via Yahoo to DeathsDisguise

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Gangsta

thats the last one that i bought
Old 24 Feb 2003, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Break Ya Neck...

DissAbility is on a distinguished road

The last cd I bought was 50 Cent's new album. I usually burn my cd's. On some measure when the songs are repeated like Lise Yourself before 8-Mile the movie came out I buy the cd. I get the track lisitng and shit though.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 10:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
PrInCeSs EdGeHeAD!!!

EdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to behold

i just started burning like last week, im too lazy usually
Old 24 Feb 2003, 10:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Shoot Me Again

Head Banger will become famous soon enoughHead Banger will become famous soon enough

95% of my cd's are burned, but that's cause i play cd's out....i used to buy everything & would go through the same album 5 or 6 times. hell metallica's "black album" was bought like 10 times cause i'd wear it out.....now i burn most of them & have like 200 cd's laying around my room.