ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

50 Cent Get Rich or Die Tryin' Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2003, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Break Ya Neck...

DissAbility is on a distinguished road
Default 50 Cent Get Rich or Die Tryin' Review

It might seem cold, especially considering his run of bad luck included getting shot in the face, but 50 Cent owes a lot to his hard times. If not the victim of a brutal shooting, the Queens rapper would probably still be signed to Columbia and trying to fight his way through the MC masses, instead of ending up the heavily-hyped patron of Dr. Dre and Eminem. But when this good fortune came along, 50 grabbed it; Get Rich Or Die Tryin' is the kind of album Shady proteges like Xzibit have always failed to deliver. Through a series of ominous, methodical beats, 50 stalks calmly, with a voice hardened by mixtape freestyles and confident it has little to prove. It's an approach best summed up by "Patiently Waiting," which resignedly claims, "When I die, they'll read this and say a genius wrote it." Not likely--most of these rhymes are too shallow to warrant the hopeful comparisons to Biggie and Tupac. But if you want the best disposable gangsta tunes on the market, 50 Cent offers a definite bargain.
Any of you people out there that think 50 Cent is an asshole and sucks at rapping...listen to this fucking album...THIS IS SHADY INC! 50 Cent and Eminem pull out some sick rhymes in Patiently Waiting and Dont Push Me is off the goddamn hook! If you have not bought this album and are into Hip/Hop...do so now.
Old 22 Feb 2003, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough

I hate gangster-rap it has helped ruin mainstream hip-hop. Hip Hop albums were on average of a much higher level of quality and creativity before the gangster-pop explosion of the mid 90's. I can't believe someone like 50's popularity is based completely off of street-cred. Good grief. Jam Master Jay is shot dead and we still have people who think a good MC needs street cred. I say its time Hip Hop phases out the gangster element. 50 Cent should just be happy he made it onto the 8-Mile soundtrack, because without that he would not be a millionaire today.
Old 22 Feb 2003, 11:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Break Ya Neck...

50 Cent is an awsome rapper...he made some sick rhymes. TuPac was a gangster rapper...well half,SNOOP DOGG was at the top of his game in the Gansta Era...Gansta Rap shaped rap for today...
Old 23 Feb 2003, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

Gangsta Rap may have shaped the rap world....But for better or for worse.... Tupac and Biggie are dead.....And the only way you can be credible is if your six feet under....Or were close to being....It's a sad thing....Thinking about what could have been....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 23 Feb 2003, 10:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
2Gangsta

Feminem Ruined Rap

Old 23 Feb 2003, 10:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tig_Bitties

I like 50 cent's new album, anyone know when Eminem's new album "The Aftermath" is coming out? It's sometime soon i'm pretty sure.

Old 24 Feb 2003, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough

Why would he title it the Aftermath? Thats already the name of an album Dre released.

Quote:
50 Cent is an awsome rapper...he made some sick rhymes. TuPac was a gangster rapper...well half,SNOOP DOGG was at the top of his game in the Gansta Era...Gansta Rap shaped rap for today...
Yea, I'd say gangster rap shaped mainstream hip hop into crap. Only something worse could come after Gangster prevailed in the mainstream and thats bubble-gum pop rap in the form of cash-money, horrible dirty south rappers, and people like Puff Daddy and Master P. The Hip Hop acts which are not infleunced by gangster rap are most usually a whole lot better.

I also have to mention that both Snoop Dogga and Dr. Dre came very close to biting the big one during the height of gangster rap's popularity. That whole enviornment, upon reflection, was pure-stupidity. Pretty canibalistic aswell since they were influenceing more black youths to join gangs and get killed themselves. A complete reversal of the more positive messages of hip hop from a few years earlier that were trying to lead them away from that.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
PrInCeSs EdGeHeAD!!!

EdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to behold

psh all u 50 cent haters...i love him album
Old 24 Feb 2003, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

One of my empolyees brought it in after he bought it and I let him play it. I have to say I like some of it. The beats are solid and deep and the lyrics are intense but not in your face like with Eminem. Not to know Eminem, I like him too
Old 24 Feb 2003, 08:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Break Ya Neck...

Yeah, some people out thee are all 50 Cent haters but his album was f'n excellent. Eminem's Eminem Show rolled out betetr beats then this though...What did you think of my review?...VOTE ME FOR REPLACEMENT MOD!
Old 24 Feb 2003, 10:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by DISSAbilty
Yeah, some people out thee are all 50 Cent haters but his album was f'n excellent. Eminem's Eminem Show rolled out betetr beats then this though...What did you think of my review?...VOTE ME FOR REPLACEMENT MOD!
Replacement MOD of what...?
Old 24 Feb 2003, 10:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Break Ya Neck...

srry...not replacement mod but a mod for Entertainment...anyway, what are your thought about the album Stick?
Old 24 Feb 2003, 10:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by DISSAbilty
srry...not replacement mod but a mod for Entertainment...anyway, what are your thought about the album Stick?
Two MODs already, no need for a third. Sorry man.

Anyways, I haven't heard the album yet, just "Wanksta" and "In Da Club". I think those two songs are pretty good. I haven't gotten around to downloading the rest of the album yet
Old 24 Feb 2003, 10:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Break Ya Neck...

I suggest "Dont Push Me by 50 Cent" and the best song on the damn album is "Patiently Waiting by 50 Cent"...it really depends if you like a slow kinda rhyming kind of beat or a fast rap beat...

Slow-Dont Push Me,Patiently Waiting,Many Men Wish Death(TIGHT SHIT)
Fast-Like My Style,Back Down