ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Final Destination 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2003, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Break Ya Neck...

DissAbility is on a distinguished road
Default Final Destination 2

Who would have imagined that death could be so bound up in rules and regulations?

In the horrific yet wooden Final Destination 2, a teenager who inexplicably has the skinny on death's not-so-subtle ways explains: "You die in the order that you were originally meant to." But if someone intervenes to save you, then you step out of order and go last.

Since when was actual mathematics involved in determining when your number is up?

Perhaps the filmmakers' time would have been better spent taking a course in logic. When Final Destination 2 opens, it literally sets itself up as a disaster waiting to happen. The first scene seems to drag on forever, sometimes in dull silence, in an attempt to create suspense. But by the time the big pay-off happens a fiery, prolonged multi-car crash it just seems anti-climactic.

The editing is sloppy, and the dialogue and reactions of the characters seem as if they're delivered a beat or two off. The cast is so amateurish and the plot so incoherent that you get the sense of watching a student film.

A small group of drivers escapes that massive highway pile-up just as those in the first Final Destination evaded death in a plane crash. But we soon learn they were meant to die.

From there, the movie's sole reason for existence is to gorily depict the various ways these unlucky survivors can be impaled, stabbed and torn asunder.

How does someone die freakishly? Let us count the ways: A recent lottery winner is devoured by a garbage disposal as he struggles to retrieve a gaudy ring. A boy suffers torture at the hand of an incompetent dentist and then is pulverized by a falling plate-glass window. A motorcyclist is impaled through the eye. A driver is sliced in half.

As if the world, at the brink of war, isn't perilous enough.

Final Destination 2 is described in production notes as "a supernatural thriller." That would put this reprehensible gore-fest in the same category as such well-made films as The Exorcist and The Sixth Sense. But this is a slasher flick, pure and simple. Here the slasher is fate itself, no less malevolent than Freddie or Jason. Though somehow the goings-on seem worse.

That there is an audience for a movie in which innocent people suffer hideous accidental deaths is troubling enough, but that a group of creative people chose to direct their energies on this repulsive spectacle simply provokes disgust.
I really REALLY did not like this movie. This is nowhere as near as scary as F.D 1 and the only thing I liked about the film was the way some of the characters got killed...and the ways that they COULD have been killed. Gives me ideas...
Old 25 Feb 2003, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

I liked it because it was gorry!!!
Old 25 Feb 2003, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

to me it was just another version of urban legend, airplane, etc etc etc

the first one literally put me to sleep and this one not much better

this is just one of the few films i don't care for

Old 25 Feb 2003, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Break Ya Neck...

DissAbility is on a distinguished road

Why do you say that Ice...I did not think that it was scary but the ways that they could have died and could die were pretty interesting...did u find anything that you LIKED about the movie?
Old 05 Mar 2003, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
KrAyzie

MiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to MiZTaCCen

I thought the ending really sucked.
Old 05 Mar 2003, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
PrInCeSs EdGeHeAD!!!

EdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to behold

i think the whole movie was shitty, that glass thing over the 13yr. cant smah him onto 2 deminentions
Old 05 Mar 2003, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Quote:
Originally posted by EdgezBaby
i think the whole movie was shitty, that glass thing over the 13yr. cant smah him onto 2 deminentions
Who care about the storyline...GORE!! GORE!!! GORE!!!
Old 13 Mar 2003, 07:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

i like storylines. storyluines rock arse

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER