ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Survivor: PWF Mission #1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Feb 2003, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Just being me...

Camini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Camini

YOUR ALL SCREWED! HELP, HELP!!!
Old 18 Feb 2003, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Screwball

Wolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant futureWolf has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Wolf Send a message via MSN to Wolf

Thanx for giving us a few days to think on it. By the way, this one is preety tough, Good job Mutt.

My Teams

Old 18 Feb 2003, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quick question. For determining what I would do, can I say how I would have another team member do something in order to help me?
Old 18 Feb 2003, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Well for the most part fish that are toxic have some kind of indicator that they are poisoness and therefore not good to eat. The venom does them no good if they are already being eaten, so they are usually brightly colored or have some other kind of defense system worked out to tell you this. So the fish could be caught and it would be safe to say which ones are which.

The berries on the other hand would be a bit tougher to distinguish. At least for me, so I'd find a fairly useless member of the group and have them eat some berries. If after waiting for about an hour or so stalling them by foraging some more, they have a reaction, then I found the bad ones and won't eat them or bring them back to the rest. If they don't have a reaction after a while, then we bring back the berries and I can use the useless one again for another task in which I require an expendible ally...
Old 18 Feb 2003, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Ryan
Well for the most part fish that are toxic have some kind of indicator that they are poisoness and therefore not good to eat. The venom does them no good if they are already being eaten, so they are usually brightly colored or have some other kind of defense system worked out to tell you this. So the fish could be caught and it would be safe to say which ones are which.

The berries on the other hand would be a bit tougher to distinguish. At least for me, so I'd find a fairly useless member of the group and have them eat some berries. If after waiting for about an hour or so stalling them by foraging some more, they have a reaction, then I found the bad ones and won't eat them or bring them back to the rest. If they don't have a reaction after a while, then we bring back the berries and I can use the useless one again for another task in which I require an expendible ally...
That's the reason I was asking if a group member could be used in my solution to the task.

*mummbles to self* damn ripoff asshole bastard *mummbles*

*shrugs* I'll come up with a good plan....
Old 18 Feb 2003, 09:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally posted by sixfeetunder
That's the reason I was asking if a group member could be used in my solution to the task.

*mummbles to self* damn ripoff asshole bastard *mummbles*

*shrugs* I'll come up with a good plan....
Didn't see that my bad... I was going to use one of the useless ones anyway...
Old 18 Feb 2003, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

hehe...gonna feed camini the purple berries..if he dies I don't eat em....

Old 19 Feb 2003, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Just being me...

Camini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Camini

Quote:
Originally posted by PositivelyAngle
hehe...gonna feed camini the purple berries..if he dies I don't eat em....
Old 19 Feb 2003, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Being the smart guy I am, I already know which berries are poisonous because I spent a year traveling the world studying all the different types of berries. So I would go collect all the berries I can find, but just to make sure they aren't poisonous, I'll feed them to the tribe leader. He's the leader so he should be willing to sacrifice himself for the betterment of the tribe.

I would take the axe and I would cut down a small tree, and use a knife to shape it into a rod, then I would use the twine to tie one of the knives around the tip, so it was like a spear. I would use that to spear fish in the ocean. Again, the leader of the tribe is willing to sacrifice himself to help the tribe as a whole, so he gets to try to the fish first.

Since there are beetles and other insects/bugs and we're hungry as hell and we should have a full course meal, I would collect all the beetles, and harmless looking insects/bugs there are to go along with the berries and fish.

Coconuts are also on the island, so I would use my spear that I made, to spear those from the tree. Or an alternative method would be to use my trusty axe to cut down a tree that holds the most cocoonuts. Either way, we're havin some coconuts.

So all the food that we gathered, we have a pretty good meal, unless of course any of it is poisonous, then poor tribe leader camini isn't enjoying it too much
Old 19 Feb 2003, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Quote:
Originally posted by sixfeetunder
Being the smart guy I am, I already know which berries are poisonous because I spent a year traveling the world studying all the different types of berries. So I would go collect all the berries I can find, but just to make sure they aren't poisonous, I'll feed them to the tribe leader. He's the leader so he should be willing to sacrifice himself for the betterment of the tribe.

I would take the axe and I would cut down a small tree, and use a knife to shape it into a rod, then I would use the twine to tie one of the knives around the tip, so it was like a spear. I would use that to spear fish in the ocean. Again, the leader of the tribe is willing to sacrifice himself to help the tribe as a whole, so he gets to try to the fish first.

Since there are beetles and other insects/bugs and we're hungry as hell and we should have a full course meal, I would collect all the beetles, and harmless looking insects/bugs there are to go along with the berries and fish.

Coconuts are also on the island, so I would use my spear that I made, to spear those from the tree. Or an alternative method would be to use my trusty axe to cut down a tree that holds the most cocoonuts. Either way, we're havin some coconuts.

So all the food that we gathered, we have a pretty good meal, unless of course any of it is poisonous, then poor tribe leader camini isn't enjoying it too much
...good answer
Old 19 Feb 2003, 12:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:

...good answer
Thank you!
Old 19 Feb 2003, 12:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Johnny Blitz

god, this is fuckin easy, too bad i'm not in this tribe. feed the fuckin berries to the fish, if they die then you can eat them. see how many different types of berries you find and feed them to the same amount of fish. peice o' fuckin cake.....

Old 19 Feb 2003, 01:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Blitz
god, this is fuckin easy, too bad i'm not in this tribe. feed the fuckin berries to the fish, if they die then you can eat them. see how many different types of berries you find and feed them to the same amount of fish. peice o' fuckin cake.....
Not that easy... fish have a very different physiology from humans, and they posess certain immunities to different poisons. The berries might only make us sick due to a reaction to whatever poison is in it but some fish are not affected at all due to either the fact that they... A) have developed an immunity to that poison due to it being in their prey animals or other types of food, or.... B) they are immune to that poison because they in fact posses a poison of their own and are therefore immune.
Old 19 Feb 2003, 01:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Johnny Blitz

Quote:

Not that easy... fish have a very different physiology from humans, and they posess certain immunities to different poisons. The berries might only make us sick due to a reaction to whatever poison is in it but some fish are not affected at all due to either the fact that they... A) have developed an immunity to that poison due to it being in their prey animals or other types of food, or.... B) they are immune to that poison because they in fact posses a poison of their own and are therefore immune.
nerd

Old 19 Feb 2003, 01:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Blitz

nerd

lol... when I was in college I majored in Biology/Zoology. I still remember some of the stuff