ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

This Song Changed the World?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jan 2003, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default This Song Changed the World?

I gotta admit i don't agree with all of these choices....but anyways heres the article:
Weird! This Song Changed the World?

By Cathryn Conroy, Netscape News Editor
An Elvis Presley cover version of "That's All Right," recorded in 1954 during a jam session in Memphis, is being credited as THE song that changed the world by Britain's Q Magazine. You're not the only one raising his or her eyebrows at that choice. But Q Magazine insists it was this song that launched Elvis' career and that marked the beginning of rock 'n' roll. Follow that logic?

euters reports Q's top 10 songs that changed the world:
1. "That's All Right," by Elvis Presley
2. "I Wanna Hold Your Hand," by The Beatles
3. "God Save the Queen," by The Sex Pistols
4. "Rapper's Delight," by Sugarhill Gang
5. "Smells Like Teen Spirit," by Nirvana
6. "Strange Fruit," by Billie Holiday
7. "Like a Rolling Stone," by Bob Dylan
8. "Walk This Way," by Run-DMC
9. "Blue Monday," by New Order
10. "Do They Know It's Christmas," by Band Aid

The No. 1 choice has some music critics in a tizzy. "'That's All Right' is a wonderful track, and we all hail it for starting Elvis's recording career, but it didn't change anything," veteran music journalist Paul Gambaccini told BBC TV. He should know. He's written a book listing the top 200 albums of all time.

Thoughts?
Old 15 Jan 2003, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Johnny Blitz

shit, i don't agree with half of those choices.

Old 15 Jan 2003, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Well I only know half those songs. So I can't really comment on it.
Old 15 Jan 2003, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I agree with all of them.
Old 17 Jan 2003, 09:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

11. Eminem-Loose Yourself...
Old 17 Jan 2003, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally posted by BOSTON BASTARD
11. Eminem-Loose Yourself...
The flavour of the week isn't going to have a big impact.
Old 24 Jan 2003, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
sucka

Its definitely I wanna hold your hand by The Beatles. It was their first number one song in America, and started a revolution that is still being felt in music today.