View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2004, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trevelbond
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default I Like Big Buts And I Cannot Lie

I noticed all of the buts Kerry qualifies his statements with, but each candidate does that. What I think is interesting is how the difference between Bush and Kerry can be the order of their statements around a "but."

KERRY'S POSITION
I will never give another country veto power over our security, BUT America needs to factor in the views of other countries before making a military decision.

BUSH'S POSITION
America needs to factor in the views of other countries before making a military decision, BUT I will never give another country veto power over our security.

Here's the challenge for my readers. Find more statements that define the difference between Bush and Kerry by just changing which side of the "but" the clauses are on (e.g. Kerry says, "a BUT b" while Bush "b BUT a").

Have at it...

-Trevelbond-
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29